Happy New Year!

Hi friends!  It feels like it’s been a while since I just sat and wrote, I miss it!  I hope that you had a blessed Christmas, and New Years and enjoyed the time spent with family and friends.  Being home (Poulsbo, WA) with my parents was a lot of fun, and our kids were able to play with and get to know cousins, aunts and uncles which is invaluable.  Lots of giggles and fun memories!

I was looking at last years New Years post, I first shared about my book, and made some goals for the year:

My concrete goals for 2010 –
1- finish writing my book and creating all the samples, on time!
2- continue the Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and do it well.
3- set up a .com for this space.
4- continue to grow as a quilter.
5- inspire others to trust their creativity, and enjoy the process.

I’m happy to say that I’ve met these goals, though I guess #5 is up to you!

This year I would like to continue in the same vein, adding The Sewing Summit to the list of things to do well, and keep up with all of you!  In an effort to inspire your creativity, I’ve put together a few doll quilt kits in Dream On and Lily & Will.

My Go! Cutter makes the pieces perfect, and I starched the fabrics before cutting so that you don’t get much stretch as you sew.  I made fabric selections that I would put together, and included one extra so that you can decide which is a square and which is the diamond in the square.

Those little details make it uniquely yours!

There’s a couple of these planned kits available and some more scrappy.  Have fun deciding which is best for you!

(I made these pictures in EQ7, so you have a good visual!)

Many Blessings to you in the coming year~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:44+00:00 January 3rd, 2011|Inspiration|14 Comments

1. Suzanne January 3, 2011 at 6:19 am - Reply

Congratulations on meeting your goals. Happy New Year!

2. Audrey January 3, 2011 at 6:50 am - Reply

Yay for meeting your goals! Those layouts are beautiful, and I am glad you had a good holiday!

3. Christine January 3, 2011 at 7:13 am - Reply

Happy New Year and congrats on making all your goals. I just ordered one of the kits for a Christmas gift for next year.

4. Frauke January 3, 2011 at 7:36 am - Reply

Happy New Year to you, too! Glad to see you plan to continue the Blogger’s Quilt Festival ;-)) It IS such a lot of fun!!

5. vicki January 3, 2011 at 8:24 am - Reply

Welcome back! And happy new year!

6. Terriaw January 3, 2011 at 9:00 am - Reply

You definitely inspired me in 2010, so I think you succeeded in achieving your goals. Way to go, Amy! I look forward to hearing more about the exciting Sewing Summit. Love love love the new doll kits!

7. Charming's Mama January 3, 2011 at 9:02 am - Reply

Happy New Year to you too. I’m impressed that you met all your goals. The only resolution I am ever able to keep to not make any . . . resolutions that is.

Happy Quilting in 2011!

8. Arita January 3, 2011 at 10:39 am - Reply

Happy New Year to you too. Good job on meeting your goal; and yes you do inspire us to trust our creativity and think outside of the box.

9. karenkay January 3, 2011 at 11:19 am - Reply

You do inspire us and thank you so much for doing such a great job!

10. Beth January 3, 2011 at 11:49 am - Reply

I would definately say that you accomplished #5 :) Thank you for inspiring me and giving me the confidence to start my own blog. I can’t wait to get started on some quilts for 2011!

11. Cheryl Arkison January 3, 2011 at 12:19 pm - Reply

Happy New Year! And definitely looking forward to what you put together for the Sewing Summit.

12. trish January 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm - Reply

Happy New Year Amy!! :o)
    I wanted to let you know that I received the charm pack that you mailed, from your give a way, and wanted to say Thank You!! :o) That was so sweet of you to share with us! :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

13. Allie January 3, 2011 at 6:52 pm - Reply

Congrats on meeting your goals Amy, I know you’ll do it again!

14. Kristie at OCD January 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm - Reply

Happy 2011! Just to let you know, I JUST booked my room in SLC for the Sewing Summit. Can’t wait to go!! Bring on the fun! Thanks so much for this opportunity!