Doll Quilts

Hi there!  To round out the dozen Christmas gifts I made this year, are three doll quilts!  Nieces and my cousin’s daughter were the happy recipients.

Sophia helped me with the pictures before Christmas –

Diamond in a square alternated with squares, in It’s a Hoot fabrics, and quilted on a diagonal.

This one is random size strips of Freebird, and quilted with random diagonals.

Diamond in a square alternated with squares again, in Sweet Divinity, and quilted on the diagonals.  I cut both of these on my Go! Cutter, and have been thinking I could cut kits if any of you are interested in making your own.  They would be different fabrics some more scrappy like the first, and others more planned like the second.  What do you think?

The girls all loved them, and were excited to get them home to their baby dolls.  Sophia got a little silly after taking a bunch of pictures with me –

Her sisters came home while we were in the middle of it, and were adding to the sillyness!

Happy New Years~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:44+00:00 December 31st, 2010|finished project, finished quilt|17 Comments

1. karenkay December 31, 2010 at 6:34 am - Reply

They are so beautiful, I love all the colors!

2. Jan-maree Ball December 31, 2010 at 6:39 am - Reply

way to cute – and the quilts as well!!

3. Christine Martinez December 31, 2010 at 7:04 am - Reply

These are very cute and I would be interested in a kit. I know just the little girl I would love to make one for. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family.

4. Mary Miller December 31, 2010 at 7:35 am - Reply

So precious! I especially love the diamonds and squares. I’m sure you made some lucky dollies very happy!
    I am interested in your thoughts on the Go Cutter. I am very tempted to get one myself, but it would be a rather significant investment for a “noob” quilter! Do you love it, can’t live without it?
    Mary
    PS. Your daughter is adorable! Mine is 20 now, and while it is fun having a “grown up” to pal around with, I sure do miss having a girl that age!

5. Emily December 31, 2010 at 8:07 am - Reply

The doll quilts are precious and sure to be loved.

6. Pam December 31, 2010 at 8:29 am - Reply

Amy!
    Wow! I think I need to invest in a go cutter! Those doll quilts are quite lovely. All of them; and your niece is a real cutie! lol. There’s nothing wrong with a little silliness while we work or play? Sewing is so much fun and if you can get them when they’re young, it really changes their lives forever!
    SEW ON! you ROCK!

hugz

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

7. Susan Mallery December 31, 2010 at 8:29 am - Reply

These are adorable! What a great gift for little girls. They have the luckiest dolls in the neighborhood, I bet.

8. Beth December 31, 2010 at 9:18 am - Reply

I would have LOVED a quilted doll blanket when I was young. I played dolls with my best friend every day until we were like 10!
    They are beautiful (and so is your helper!) Hope you have a fun bringing in the New Year!

9. Ann December 31, 2010 at 12:03 pm - Reply

How Cute! They are sure to be loved! Great idea about the doing kits.

10. Tweets that mention Doll Quilts -- Topsy.com December 31, 2010 at 12:22 pm - Reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sarah . Sarah said: RT @amyscreativesid: Doll Quilts http://bit.ly/e2MZjv […]

11. Lois Grebowski December 31, 2010 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Lucky dolls! Your model did a wonderful job!

12. Sarah Craig December 31, 2010 at 6:00 pm - Reply

Those are so sweet, Amy!

13. Allie December 31, 2010 at 7:49 pm - Reply

They’re beautiful Amy – and of course the most beautiful is your girl! Happy New Year to ALL of you!

14. Emma December 31, 2010 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Wow, they are all great! I need more little girls in my life so I could be making doll quilts! Sophia is so cute too!

15. Plum Cox January 1, 2011 at 8:47 am - Reply

Lovely dolls quilts – and great photos too! It’s always nice to share a little bit of silliness around!

Happy New Year!

16. Terriaw January 1, 2011 at 9:29 am - Reply

These doll quilts are so adorable! How wonderful to be able to give these as gifts. I especially love that diamond in a square pattern, so I would be interested in a kit! Happy New Year to you Amy!

17. Lori K. January 1, 2011 at 10:46 am - Reply

I would be interested in a kit. They are all adorable.