Two More Days!

Happy Monday friends!  My girls have just two days of school this week, then we are taking a trip to see family for the holidays!  The kids are so excited, and I think my parents are even more excited!

I spent the weekend finishing up my sewing projects for gift giving, and doing laundry.  Good thing I can quilt while the machines do all the work!  Now to get everyone and everything packed up and ready to fly. . . last time we all flew together, we were a family of 4.  Ya, it’s been a while!

And so, I plan to post here and there, and may have a giveaway planned even, but the next two weeks will be a little slower than normal.  Check in with me on Facebook for day to day updates and pictures.

A picture to complete the post!  I’ve become enamored with flying geese.  These are pieces to some Christmas projects, a post that I have planned to share after Christmas!  Hopefully the sun comes out later for picture time.

Hope you are nearly done with your projects!  Are you traveling too?

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:44+00:00 December 20th, 2010|random, work in progress|16 Comments

1. Melissa Corry December 20, 2010 at 6:28 am - Reply

We are staying home for the holiday’s this year although I wish we were heading to your neck of the woods :) Happy Holidays and good luck flying :)

2. Suzanne December 20, 2010 at 6:49 am - Reply

I bid you safe travels and wonderful times with your family.

3. Lisa Mason December 20, 2010 at 7:22 am - Reply

Everyone is coming to me this year! What a treat. I have finished almost everything I planned on making, which means I will probably try to squeeze in a few more things. hahaha. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!

4. Sonia December 20, 2010 at 7:39 am - Reply

No travel for me. We will probably have a very quiet christmas. Hope you have a great christmas and good luck with the packing.

5. Beth December 20, 2010 at 8:07 am - Reply

We are fortunate to live by about 90% of our family (and that includes my grandmothers, aunts, uncles & cousins!). I still have more to do than I planned but who needs sleep, right? Have a fun and safe Holiday!

6. Jenny December 20, 2010 at 8:19 am - Reply

Enjoy your holiday, Amy! :)

7. anneke December 20, 2010 at 8:30 am - Reply

we’ll be home this christmas, but the times we’re together with our 4 kids become more rare every year, now they’re groing up. so I think it will be great to be with our own 6 (or 7 counting boyfriend the second day) …
    the weather is probably awful too, so it’s safer.

have a great time, happy holidays!

8. anneke December 20, 2010 at 8:31 am - Reply

the weather is probably awful too, so it’s safer.

have a great time, happy holidays!

9. ga447 December 20, 2010 at 9:26 am - Reply

Have to make two pillowcases for small children who love horses. Once the pillowcases are done then I clean house and leave for Texas. Did one Xmas already.

10. Vicki December 20, 2010 at 11:19 am - Reply

We’re staying home. :)
    Most of my projects are done… except for the doll I’m making for my 2 yo…who’s having an unfortunately erratic sleep schedule and making it hard for me to work on it without her seeing!

11. lisa December 20, 2010 at 11:59 am - Reply

for a moment I thought those were paper napkins and thought I SO need those! Thats what I get for looking at pictures before reading the posts.

12. Sarah Craig December 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm - Reply

I’m almost done with everything I want to make for Christmas – I think the only thing I have left is some of those little mermaid dolls! And we’re not traveling for Christmas, thankfully – just around town!! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday!!

13. Allie December 21, 2010 at 12:28 am - Reply

Have a safe trip and a very Merry Christmas!

14. Kristen December 21, 2010 at 9:49 am - Reply

Those geese are so cute! I am very happy to say that I got all my WIP gifts done last week :) Now I’m switching gears and working on a crochet babette blanket, which is basically a crochet quilt :) Too hard to stay away from quilting all together I guess.

15. heather@tripleblessing December 21, 2010 at 2:57 pm - Reply

I finished TWO quilts last week (whose bright idea was that!???) so I’m feeling more done!
    Praying you have good weather for your trip!

16. […] The fabric is Botany, because my grandma loves to garden  And I knew she would love the piecing details with the stars, so I took the extra time to piece all the flying geese. […]