Beautiful Binding!

Friday I got word that a precious and much anticipated new baby arrived!  This is the baby that I have been working on a commission quilt for.  To complete the top, I just needed to know her birthday…I embroidered her name and birth date in one corner.

Saturday, I found the right thread, and basted the layers.

Sunday I quilted, and attached the binding.

Now to get the binding tacked down, and ship it off!  This one will be hard to part with, I love the colors and the teeny bits of patchwork.  I’ll share a picture of the entire quilt, once I have finished it up and washed it.  (Tomorrow!)

Need a quilt?  I take commissions!  Email me, I would love to work with you!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:45+00:00 December 6th, 2010|work in progress|11 Comments

1. Mary Miller December 6, 2010 at 6:09 am - Reply

I’m going to take a guess. Is it “Remember Whooo Loves you?” I just finished a baby quilt in that pattern with Lilly and Will fabrics too!!!!!

2. trish December 6, 2010 at 6:13 am - Reply

Good Morning Amy. :o)
    You baby quilt is precious. And such a charming touch to embroider her name and birth date. :o)
    Sincerely – Trish
    ps. Will we be linking to one thing one week challenge today?

3. Lois Grebowski December 6, 2010 at 6:27 am - Reply

I can see a wee bit of it, and it looks so sweet! I can’t wait to see the whole thing!

4. Melissa Corry December 6, 2010 at 6:35 am - Reply

I just love Lily and Will!! I am sure it is simply adorable!!

5. teresamnj December 6, 2010 at 7:54 am - Reply

From what I can see, it looks beautiful!

6. Terriaw December 6, 2010 at 8:44 am - Reply

I do love the final step of attaching the binding. It can be so excited because you are relaxing and feeling the fruits of your labor.

7. Lindsay December 6, 2010 at 9:00 am - Reply

thats one lucky little baby! such a cute quilt, can’t wait to see it all done up!

8. Vicki December 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm - Reply

ohh you are sneaky. It looks great, from what I can tell so far! I have to go baste a quilt now!

9. Kimberly S December 6, 2010 at 2:59 pm - Reply

Oh Amy, the colors look so pretty! Can’t wait to see it finished. :)

10. heather@tripleblessing December 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm - Reply

Beautiful! I was going to make a quilt for that precious little one, but I see she has one now :D Maybe a cozy blanket will do :D

11. Allie December 6, 2010 at 8:37 pm - Reply

It looks lovely! I use those clips for binding too – love them.