Project Updates

Hi there!  I’ve been working here and there on my table runners.  My favorite thing right now is covering a wood cutting board with a towel so I can watch TV with Joe and iron at the same time.  Works great!

Table runner blocksAfter pressing seams last night, I got the girls to school this morning and came home to finish one set of blocks!  I love the way it’s coming together!  I have layer cakes that I’m using, so 2 runners from each, and there’s still plenty left for a third if I want, but I will probably use it for bindings.

Thank you all so much for your heart warming donations and participation in our first { Modern } Relief fundraiser in support of World Vision’s efforts to end hunger! We have now collected an amazing $5810.00!! The raffle is now closed, however you can locate information regarding World Vision efforts and how you can continue to support their mission throughout the entire year through their website.  We will be announcing the winners and Grand Total of the Raffle within the next 2 weeks!

Thanks again, and happy quilting~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:45+00:00 December 2nd, 2010|Charity, work in progress|6 Comments

1. Candy from Candied Fabrics December 2, 2010 at 10:03 am - Reply

Ooh – one of my favorite color combos:brown, green and aqua! Looks deelicious!

2. Tweets that mention Project Updates | Amy's Creative Side -- Topsy.com December 2, 2010 at 10:15 am - Reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Deanna Pavay, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Project Updates http://bit.ly/hn3xuo […]

3. Vicki December 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm - Reply

They look great! Fun fabric. :)

4. Allie December 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm - Reply

Darling blocks Amy, what a neat idea to sit and iron – love it!

5. Frauke December 3, 2010 at 1:40 am - Reply

Those table runners will look great ! And a truly clever solution for this “wonderful” iron job ;-))

6. Quiet Quilter December 3, 2010 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Ooohhhhh! We just received a Christmas cheese package with a somewhat small cheese cutting board (not tiny). I didn’t know what to do with it because I like non wood cutting boards instead…..Now I Do! What great timing! Thank you! Pretty cloth, BTW