Spinning Pinwheels Quilt Pattern

Wow it’s been a slow week here!  I’ve been getting this pattern ready to sell and taking care of a few other details for The Sewing Summit, along with a cold in the house (4 kids – need I say more?) my time has been stretched.

I shared this quilt for Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and have pulled together all the details and double checked my math before releasing the pattern.  And so I am pleased to tell you that it is available in the shop, for your immediate download upon purchase!  I love the immediate download feature….so simple!  Anyway, this quilt will be fabulous in your favorite prints or solids – imagine a gradiation of solids – pretty!

I’m still piecing two quilt tops, and I’m thinking about table runners for Christmas presents.  Have a great resource?  I’d love to see, otherwise, I think I’ll be designing a few of my own…maybe a tutorial even.

Hope you are having a great week!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:45+00:00 November 18th, 2010|pattern|9 Comments

1. Suzanne November 18, 2010 at 6:20 am - Reply

Very cool! Thank you for sharing your talent.

2. Mickey November 18, 2010 at 6:24 am - Reply

PRETTY ! I had to zoom in to see the beauty closer ! ooohhh ; a new tutorial …………

3. Deonn November 18, 2010 at 8:02 am - Reply

Hi, Amy! What a fun new pattern – love it!!

I have a new Christmas table runner pattern myself… part of my Bloomin’ Blossoms table runner series. You can see it on my blog: http://quiltscapesquilting.blogspot.com/2010/11/table-runners.html These little runners blossom right before your eyes! I taught this at a local guild last week. Fun!!

4. Lindsay November 18, 2010 at 8:59 am - Reply

cool! I have a couple of table runner patterns coming on my site, but not till after christmas probably if you want to do a quick and easy one, there is http://www.psiquilt.com/2009/03/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial-super.html its an easy way to do DNP, and it makes a cute runner. I have one of those finished, i just haven’t had time to photograph it and add it to my blog.

5. Tweets that mention Spinning Pinwheels Quilt Pattern | Amy's Creative Side -- Topsy.com November 18, 2010 at 10:03 am - Reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Amy Ellis, Amy Ellis. Amy Ellis said: Spinning Pinwheels Quilt Pattern http://bit.ly/cU32vA […]

6. Beth November 18, 2010 at 1:20 pm - Reply

You sure have had a busy week! Hope the kiddos are on the mend and that you manage to stay healthy! That quilt is so darn cute! Another one to add to my list :) Good luck with those table runners. You could try the “quilt as you go” method to get them made quicker (just a thought)

7. pat sloan November 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm - Reply

love your new pattern… congrats!

8. Amy November 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm - Reply

AMy…I love this quilt…maybe I will give it a try…but I refuse to allow myself to start another one until I baste, quilt and bind the quilt top that I finished months ago…every time I get it out it just gets put back away :(

9. Terriaw November 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm - Reply

Sounds like a busy week! Happy to see your newest pattern, which looks fun. For table runners, I usually end up making it up as I go, depending on the color or theme or feeling I want for the table. I have seen a couple patterns in Moda’s Bake Shop that I loved, just using simple charm squares. I also like to sew three disappearing 9-patch blocks together, add a border, and quilt for a simple design.