My Festival Quilt

The Festival continues to be amazing and well viewed!  I hope you all are enjoying a bunch of traffic and comments on your posts.  I finished my quilt I was hoping to share with you this week!

Spinning Pinwheels:

Spinning PinwheelsI had so much fun designing and making this quilt!  It had been one of many designs in my arsenal waiting for just the right fabric, and when Sweet Divinity popped up – I jumped at the chance to make it!

I carefully cut and pieced triangles and strips for each block.  I think my favorite part is that there are so many different places to look – each fabric offers a different focal point!  Also, after nearly a year, I stippled this quilt!  I had a block on free motion quilting, but this was just the right size to take the plunge once again.  I’m so glad I did!

Spinning Pinwheels

It measures 54″ x 72″ with 48 blocks  total.  Of course through it all I’m reminded that perfection is too high a price for my sanity!   Yes, I’m still pinning and pressing each of my seams, just not much time with the seam ripper.

I’m working on a pattern for this one, I’ll have it available via pdf soon, and I’m working on hard copies too!  Check my shop out periodically if you are interested.

Happy Quilting –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:46+00:00 November 4th, 2010|Bloggers Quilt Festival, finished quilt|63 Comments

1. Mickey / Harleywife November 4, 2010 at 6:14 am - Reply

AMY !!! It is absolutely stunning ! WOW ! NICE WORK ! You make beautiful quilts !

2. Audrey November 4, 2010 at 6:15 am - Reply

It is beautiful, Amy! I love how the colors play off each other, and the colors are great together. I love the tonal difference between the pinks that give it a slight vivid watercolor effect.

3. Ann November 4, 2010 at 6:22 am - Reply

LOVE IT!!!!!!

4. Charity November 4, 2010 at 6:26 am - Reply

I just love pinwheels. I really like all of the different colors that you used. It’s stunning.

5. Mary Ann November 4, 2010 at 6:44 am - Reply

Love it! (And I always pin!)

6. Michelle November 4, 2010 at 6:52 am - Reply

It is a beautiful quilt. I love the colours.

7. Beth November 4, 2010 at 7:13 am - Reply

It’s lovely, Amy. Definately worth the wait :)

8. teresamnj November 4, 2010 at 7:21 am - Reply

Love this quilt Amy! So pretty. :)

9. Kristie at OCD November 4, 2010 at 7:25 am - Reply

I love your design and the fabric colors are so sweet…reminds me of cotton candy! Nice job! Glad you finished in time…would have been a shame to miss your own festival!

10. Cindy's Crafty Creations November 4, 2010 at 7:27 am - Reply

Oh wow… Amy it’s beautiful. The colors, the strips, the pattern… Absolutely gorgeous.. I can’t wait to get the pattern…. Thank you for sharing!

11. Jocelyn November 4, 2010 at 7:31 am - Reply

Oh wow Amy, it’s beautiful! What powerful colors! Love the design.

12. Leslie November 4, 2010 at 7:37 am - Reply

this is gorgeous…i love the colors together. you always do such a great job

13. Cheryl Arkison November 4, 2010 at 8:00 am - Reply

What a sweet finish.

14. liveacolorfullife November 4, 2010 at 8:09 am - Reply

Really great design. Worth the wait!

15. Terriaw November 4, 2010 at 8:12 am - Reply

This is the happiest, most cheerful quilt! I love the combination of triangles inside each wheel of the larger pinwheel. And I love the strings in between each pinwheel. What a cool design, Amy! These fabrics are perfect for this design. Good for you for finishing up the free motion – it turned out fab!

16. Lisa Mason November 4, 2010 at 8:22 am - Reply

Love the colors! What a very pretty quilt.

17. Judy November 4, 2010 at 8:23 am - Reply

Love it….the fabrics made the quilt wonderful!

18. Pam November 4, 2010 at 8:32 am - Reply

Hey Amy!

She is gorgeous!!! lovely quilt! Where do you get such beautiful, bright fabric? love it!!!

hugz

19. ktquilts November 4, 2010 at 8:41 am - Reply

Beautiful colors and a great design!!!

20. Amy Smart November 4, 2010 at 9:24 am - Reply

It’s great Amy!

THanks again for all your work pulling off the Blogger’s festival – it’s been amazing – I esp LOVE the thumbnails. It all looks so pretty!

21. Natalia November 4, 2010 at 9:32 am - Reply

Super cute! I love that line!

22. Tweets that mention Spinning Pinwheels | Amy's Creative Side -- Topsy.com November 4, 2010 at 9:40 am - Reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by denny1600, Lola Pink Fabrics, Amy Ellis, tammy, Amy Ellis and others. Amy Ellis said: My Festival Quilt http://bit.ly/9aG9mp […]

23. Sarah Craig November 4, 2010 at 9:43 am - Reply

It’s beautiful, Amy – well worth the wait!!! I can’t wait for the pattern….

24. Leila November 4, 2010 at 10:05 am - Reply

what a sweet quilt! I love your design, pinwheels are such good fun!

25. Barbara Bieraugel November 4, 2010 at 10:36 am - Reply

Amy this is a very pretty spring looking quilt. The pinwheel to me is such a versatile block and can make such beautiful patterns. Good Job. Barbara

26. Cathi November 4, 2010 at 10:50 am - Reply

Beautiful! I see butterflies when I look at it!

27. Becky M November 4, 2010 at 10:54 am - Reply

So beautiful! Love those fabrics in it. Like you said, it really gives you a lot to look at as you study it. Gorgeous!

28. Susan Ingle November 4, 2010 at 10:58 am - Reply

Love it !
    What a perfect pattern for a collection that you want to show off.

29. Debbie-Esch House Quilts November 4, 2010 at 11:07 am - Reply

Lovely quilt! I am a big fan of pinning and pressing!

30. BJ November 4, 2010 at 11:41 am - Reply

Very pretty.

31. Tammy November 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm - Reply

It’s wonderful, Amy! I love the colors and the design! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

32. Dree November 4, 2010 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Beautiful! I love how you placed the big red flowers :)

33. Kristina November 4, 2010 at 1:58 pm - Reply

well, it was a quilt worth waiting for :-) so simple, yet so complicated, and lovely colours too. I love it!
    Kristina

34. amylouwho November 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm - Reply

Amy, Amy, Amy. I’m DYING over this quilt! This is by far my favorite pattern yet! I’m a sucker for pinwheels and I love this color combo and the striped triangles. Genius.

It’s really really lovely and if you get tired of it, you have my address. :)

35. Cecily November 4, 2010 at 4:51 pm - Reply

Beautiful fabrics and a beautiful quilt! Love it, Amy! Thanks again for hosting such a great festival!

36. Elena @ Breakfast for Dinner November 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm - Reply

So pretty!
    And thanks for the festival! I’m having so much fun checking out everyone’s entries and making new bloggy friends. Plus, I won’t lie…I love the new traffic and lots of comments. I’m newer, so I don’t usually get any comments. :)

37. Gladys November 4, 2010 at 7:58 pm - Reply

Hola, Amy!!! Es MAGNIFICA! Felicitaciones! Un abrazo!

38. Paula November 4, 2010 at 8:15 pm - Reply

I love the colors in this quilt. Thanks for sharing.

39. Mary on Lake Pulaski November 4, 2010 at 8:48 pm - Reply

It’s gorgeous Amy! You definitely waited for the PERFECT fabric line for your pattern. Congratulations on a winning creation.

40. andi November 4, 2010 at 9:37 pm - Reply

A gorgeous quilt Amy.
    Congratulations on the festival. I’m really enjoying it!
    And the new format with the images to click on is wonderful.
    Andi x

41. Allie November 5, 2010 at 12:10 am - Reply

Great design and beautifully executed, Amy – it’s a winner!

42. Janet November 5, 2010 at 12:23 am - Reply

So very pretty!

43. Lindsay November 5, 2010 at 12:50 am - Reply

once again, a great quilt Amy! It was well worth the wait!! I can’t wait for the pattern!! Thanks so much for the BQF! I had a ton of fun looking through all the entries! I can not wait for next time!

44. Julie Fukuda November 5, 2010 at 7:46 am - Reply

This has been a lot of fun for a first-timer. When is the next time?

45. Shannon Lowe November 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Another brilliant quilt! Love the color combo and the extra little stripes added in!

46. Shannon Lowe November 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Another brilliant quilt! Love the colors, the pinwheels and the fun details!

47. heather@tripleblessing November 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Perfect fabric for that pattern! Love it!!

48. Peggyann November 6, 2010 at 1:52 am - Reply

its beautiful!loving the pink and blue in a fresh new way. I was so surprised that when I clicked on the last quilt, it was yours. This BQF has been so much fun! Thanks again for hosting.

49. Karen from Sunburnt Quilts November 6, 2010 at 5:51 am - Reply

Your choice of fabric for this design has worked so well.
    Love the colours and the stippling.
    This is a gorgeous quilt!

50. Mom November 6, 2010 at 7:18 am - Reply

Hey Sweetie! Absolutely LOVE your quilt! It’s Very happy!

51. Jill November 6, 2010 at 10:42 am - Reply

Just made it through ALL the quilts, thanks again for hosting this. Love the colors in your entry quilt!

52. lyn November 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Good Morning Amy, recently I saw a large pinwheel quilt..the blocks were 2 inches….in reproduction fabric……I love the colours you have used…the stippling.. one gorgeous quilt…..Warm Regards, Lyn

53. Kathy November 6, 2010 at 9:44 pm - Reply

Cute quilt! Great job at taking the plunge with stippling. Thanks for organizing the BQF, I had a great time checking out the other blogs.

54. Sandra Starley November 7, 2010 at 6:42 am - Reply

Glad I finally found this delightful quilt. Reminds of coneflowers on a sunny day. I missed it about 10+ times as I didn’t see the additional posts below the BQF post. Love the pinwheels and secondary designs of hourglasses. Great way to showcase the fabrics. Thanks again for hosting this event.

55. Sandra Starley November 7, 2010 at 6:51 am - Reply

What a delightful quilt, glad I finally found it. It reminds me of coneflowers on a sunny day. I kept missing it as I didn’t see the posts below BQF. What a great pattern, love the pinwheels and the secondary hourglasses. Pefect to showcase the fabrics. Thanks again for hosting this event.

56. Barbara November 7, 2010 at 5:35 pm - Reply

A wonderful quilt with such a pleasing color combination. Good job Amy.

57. Diane November 7, 2010 at 7:07 pm - Reply

Those colors are so fun! Love the pattern you designed and this fabric was a perfect fit.

58. Maria@PersonalizedSketches November 7, 2010 at 8:24 pm - Reply

Such a bright and beautiful quilt! I was truly looking forward to this fall Quilt Festival! I’m sorry that I had been so behind in my blog reading and missed it! But will keep a look out for your next one…one in the spring? :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

59. Nat November 9, 2010 at 2:52 am - Reply

Gorgeous quilt Amy. I love the color and the placement of each blocks. Lovely quilt for the Festival. I am really enjoying it, but have not seen them all yet – I’m glad they will be up forever – Hugs Nat

60. Vicki November 9, 2010 at 7:20 pm - Reply

beautiful quilt! Thanks again for another great quilt festival!

61. […] shared this quilt for Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and have pulled together all the details and double checked my math before releasing the pattern. […]

62. Tove November 18, 2010 at 8:28 am - Reply

I missed your quilt during quilt festival. Where I liked the photo index I found the website names easier to keep track of where i was in looking through them.
    I really like thing quilt very pretty! it is a great spin on a traditional box.

63. Angie December 19, 2010 at 11:06 am - Reply

I just love this tessellating pattern and the two different pinwheels one can see all over the quilt. Wonderful quilt, Amy!