Boxed Charms Quilt

Hi there!  Look what I pulled out of the dryer this morning – just in time to share over on Amy’s blog!   What I’m calling Boxed Charms Quilt in Amy Butler prints and Shot cottons.  In an attempt to put some favorite prints in a quilt (novel idea – huh?) and an easy sewing project, I put this together.

Boxed Charms Quilt

It measures 40″x54″,  perfect for a baby or toddler, and I lightly quilted it so that it’s super snuggly!

Boxed Charms Quilt/Back

The beauty of it being 40″ wide is the single piece of fabric needed to back it…I haven’t made a quilt this size in a while!  I am linking up to Amy’s special Amy Butler Sew & Tell, and have listed it in my etsy shop.

You should check out all the Amy Butler lovelies over there!  Thanks Amy for organizing everything!!

Hope you all have a great weekend~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:48+00:00 September 24th, 2010|finished quilt|22 Comments

1. mickey September 24, 2010 at 4:53 pm - Reply

this is really really nice ! and your finished it for YOUR challenge also !

2. Teresa September 24, 2010 at 5:31 pm - Reply

What a beautiful quilt! Wonderful job! :)

3. Candy from Candied Fabrics September 24, 2010 at 7:25 pm - Reply

LOVE that box in the bottom corner – it takes the design up a notch!

4. Leslie September 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm - Reply

i love this…the colors all look so great together and i really love the stand out purple block

5. Sara September 24, 2010 at 8:02 pm - Reply

So cute! I love the Amy prints, and I think the green backing works really well with the other fabrics. Great job!

6. Nina @ Mama Roux September 25, 2010 at 9:11 am - Reply

I love the simple patchwork design and quilting. The purple and green combo is lovely, my favorite combo!

7. Elizabeth G September 25, 2010 at 10:01 am - Reply

This is beautiful. I love it!

8. pinksuedeshoe September 25, 2010 at 12:45 pm - Reply

I really like the solids in there with it. Looks great.

9. Allie September 25, 2010 at 1:29 pm - Reply

What a sweet quilt!!!!

10. Susan Mallery September 25, 2010 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Love the colors in this quilt! I’m not sure I ever would’ve thought of putting together pink, purple, green, and orange, but they look great together. Lucky baby, who gets this quilt. :)

11. Natalia September 25, 2010 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Super cute Amy!

12. Beth September 25, 2010 at 3:22 pm - Reply

Looks great all washed up! Smiles from Greenwood :)

13. aunt spicy September 26, 2010 at 9:48 am - Reply

This really is a fun bright, cheery quilt!

14. Mickey / Harleywife57 September 27, 2010 at 4:45 am - Reply

This is really nice ! I really like the back also ; NICE JOB !

15. Mickey / Harleywife57 September 27, 2010 at 4:46 am - Reply

oops ; Made 2 comments here ; It’s early AND I REALLY LIKE IT !

16. Mary Jordan September 27, 2010 at 10:48 am - Reply

I wanted to look at your web site for the blog hop. I am new to blogging so if I want to join your weekly challenge what do I have to do?

Thanks,
    Mary Jordan

17. Robin September 27, 2010 at 9:22 pm - Reply

What a cute quilt! So modern and happy looking. Great job, Amy!

18. […] Mickey2. Katie3. Jennifer4. Meagan5. Candy from Candied Fabrics6. Melinda7. Mama Mel8. Amy9. Emily @ mommy’s nap time10. Barb in MI11. Apple Avenue […]

19. […] had so much fun working with charms here, I thought I would challenge myself to do it again, in a creative way.  Now to get to the sewing […]

20. […] line, Full Bloom with some shot cottons, I haven’t been able to cut them yet, maybe another charm quilt.  On the right my Amy Butler, Love, I’m thinking a table runner for MY table, and maybe kits […]

21. KSherlock April 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm - Reply

I am looking to start out in patchwork and I absolutely love what you have done here. I wish to acheive something of this standard in the near future. Well done, its st

• KSherlock April 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm - Reply