Blog Friends

Hi there!  How are you today?  Do you have many blog friends that you’ve met in real life?  Where I live, it’s pretty remote – I know lots of you can relate!  And my idea of remote might be luxury for some of you – lol!  Considering that we moved from sunny southern California – this is remote, yet close enough to whatever is needed.

Anyway –

Amy lives at most, an hour away from me, yet until yesterday we had not met.  Only visited each other’s blogs and carry on email conversations, as possible (we both have 4 kids!).  A couple weeks ago with school getting closer on the horizon, we decided enough is enough, let’s get together!  Our schedules aligned, and we did it!

Honestly, I don’t think next week would have even worked.  Sophia will be in Kindergarten starting Tuesday, and my day will be tightly scheduled with school runs, (8:40, 11:15, 3:25) leaving little time to run to the valley!

We went to Gardner Village, where Pine Needles is located.  A first for me!  The shop was great and Amy and I chatted as we shopped, and looked after the kids – of course.  We picked up talking right away, like old friends, about kids, blogging, quilting, finding balance, and just had a blast!

Amy SquaredWe had a quick lunch and continued walking around the cute shops, finding ducks, turtles, and huge koi in the stream.  Great fun for the kids!

My spoils for the day –

A beautiful magazine that I haven’t made my way through completely yet, and a few fat quarters.  I found the QuiltMania magazine at Pink Chalk Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop if you are interested.  I need to keep looking through it, but so far the inspiration is amazing!  The fat quarters are Weekends, by Erin McMorris, and the red is farmdale blossom, by Alexander Henry.

Thanks so much for a fun outing Amy!  We had fun, and the kids both napped on the way home!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:49+00:00 September 1st, 2010|Blog Info|20 Comments

1. kate spain September 1, 2010 at 6:39 am - Reply

How fun that you two got together! Sounds like you had a great day. Isn’t that magazine amazing?? I couldn’t get past p.6 and Komiko’s unbelievable handiwork. What an inspiration! Happy September :) xok

2. Kelly Jackson September 1, 2010 at 7:04 am - Reply

Wonderful to have met and enjoyed one another’s company. It is tough being isolated and reaching out to others always seems to brighten my day/week.

Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Smiles,
    Kelly

3. Pat Sloan September 1, 2010 at 7:11 am - Reply

What FUN! I LOVE when this happens! Some of my closest friends I meet through blogs! And QuiltMania is addicting.. what issue did you get?

4. amylouwho September 1, 2010 at 7:21 am - Reply

reminds me of when we met up the first time! I love meeting my blogging friends in real life. I feel like so many of them live out your way I have to pack in a bunch of meet-ups when I come visit!

Kisses to both of you!
    xo

5. Beth September 1, 2010 at 7:40 am - Reply

Sounds like a wonderful time! Happy you girls were able to finally meet face to face. Have a spectacular day!

6. Terri September 1, 2010 at 7:52 am - Reply

How wonderful you got to meet a blogger friend in person! Sounds like you had a great day! I was lucky enough to meet a whole bunch of blogger friends at a quilting retreat I went to in June. I was thrilled to spend the weekend with Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts, Victoria of Bumble Bean Inc, Doris of Threads of Conversation, and several more fabulous women. It was the time of my life to connect with them in person! Amanda Jean lives about 2-3 hours away from me, so we’re hoping to get together again soon.

7. AnneMarie September 1, 2010 at 8:22 am - Reply

This is SO nice to hear! That is exactly why I started my new blog 2 months ago – to meet others like me (“younger quilters”) and make some friends. Glad that you two got to meet in person. Amy has been helping me with advice a bit. Great gal! Seeing everyone else’s work is so motivating!

Stop by if you get the chance…. Gen X Quilters (http://genxquilters.blogspot.com)

8. Norma September 1, 2010 at 8:37 am - Reply

I’m jealous! I want some bloggy friends to live close too

9. Liveacolorfullife September 1, 2010 at 8:53 am - Reply

I have met one bloggy friend–turns out she lives close to where my husband grew up in Minnesota. It was a great experience. She lives out in the country and we met at a coffee shop in town. While I was waiting, it felt kind of like a blind date. You know the little twinges of apprenhension: Will she like me? Will I like her? What if we can’t come up with anything to talk about? It was great and we correspond even more now that we have met. Hoping to meet even more bloggy friends. And it sounds like your day with Amy was really fun.

10. Natalia September 1, 2010 at 9:30 am - Reply

How fun! Don’t you just love Gardner Village!! :)

11. Mary Ely September 1, 2010 at 10:08 am - Reply

I live in a tourist town, so I was lucky enough to have another blogger vacationing near me last month and we got to meet! It’s so nice to meet other bloggers in real life! I’m so glad you and Amy were able to meet “for real” :-) Fun stuff!

12. Lindsay September 1, 2010 at 10:25 am - Reply

That is too cool! Meeting blogging friends would be so neat! When we travel into the states I often wonder how close I am to those I chat with regularly online. It would be great to meet some of them that is for sure!!

13. Patty September 1, 2010 at 10:29 am - Reply

That sounds like so much fun. Glad you had a good time.

14. Amy Smart September 1, 2010 at 10:32 am - Reply

Amy! I’m so glad we finally pulled it off! It was even more fun than I thought it would be. Those kids were such good sports. I crack up thinking about them in the designer furniture stores. :) I’m glad we could look at goats and turtles and ducks too. And now I’m totally regretting that I didn’t get one of those magazines. Next time!

15. Carla Louise September 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm - Reply

Wow! That sounds like sew much fun! I just started blogging and I have made a few new friends… but have not yet met any face to face. How lucky you are! And I am a Southern Calif born and raised girl! Seems like a big jump to move from the big city to where you moved….but I am glad you like it! Glad you had fun…. and that magazine looks AMAZING!

16. Allie September 1, 2010 at 8:18 pm - Reply

How fun! I’ve met two blog friends, at the sewing expo last year – good times!

17. Lois Grebowski September 2, 2010 at 9:34 am - Reply

I’ve met many blog/online friends. And so far I’ve been lucky that it was instant bonding with all of them…

The internet is a wonderful tool for making and keeping friends…

18. Candy from Candied Fabrics September 2, 2010 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Yay for meeting bloggy friends in person! I can’t wait til WE can do that!

19. Karen September 3, 2010 at 12:58 pm - Reply

I have met several of my readers face to face. Since I live fulltime in a travel trailer, a lot of the people who read my blog are also fulltime RV’ers. We often find ourselves in the same area. I have also been recognized in public by people who read my blog–the first time it happened, I was sitting in the lobby of a lodge. A lady walked over to me and asked, “Excuse me, but are you FabGrandma?” I was embarrassed, but it has happened several times since then. I am always surprised that people recognize my face. I always ask them which post they like best, and that is always a surprise, too.

20. Thearica Burroughs September 7, 2010 at 6:57 am - Reply

Isn’t it wonderful to actually meet face to face with those who you have been conversing with so long on the internet! It can be a little scary at first but once you take the plunge, you get addicted and want to meet everyone!

I belong to the HGTV Quilting and Needlework Forum and 5 years ago one of the members came up with an idea that would help a lot of the members meet each other. She planned a quilting retreat for the ladies on the forum! Close to 50 ladies showed up for the event! They had a blast! My grandson was due so I did not get to. boo-hoo!

Well, we are going into our 5th annual retreat now! Yes, the annual event caught on and more and more want to attend each year. I am hosting in 2011 and I have 100 ladies signed up to come! isn’t that amazing!!

You know Amy…You have so many followers, you could start your own quilting retreat…of course you would be like us, there would have to be a limit of how many could come each year, according to the size of the faciliities…but wouldn’t that be an awesome thing to plan and do!! :)