Starting

I have a to do list, including a throw quilt, twin quilt and doll quilt…the trouble seems to be starting! (I have all the fabric, I’ve been focused on the quilt-along so far)  So today I’m going to start on the doll quilt :)  I had been thinking new york beauties, but I’m chickening out – I’m going to make some dresden plated with these Happy fabrics!

Keep me accountable – okay!?  I need to share some progress here really soon, so I can work on the rest of the list.
Blessings,
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:52+00:00 June 29th, 2010|Doll Quilt Swap|13 Comments

1. Natalia from Piece N Quilt June 29, 2010 at 9:11 am - Reply

It'll be darling from Happy!
    P.S. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!
    Thank you!

2. Cheryl Arkison June 29, 2010 at 9:19 am - Reply

Don't be afraid of the New York Beauty. Yes, they take time, but they aren't hard at all! Hmm, I haven't made one in a long time.

3. Cheryl Arkison June 29, 2010 at 9:19 am - Reply

4. Mimi June 29, 2010 at 9:25 am - Reply

You are right on…..New York beauties are NOT for doll quilts… something simple and let the fabric do the work…. it is going to be loved by some doll and her mommy….

5. Lindsay June 29, 2010 at 9:36 am - Reply

I will show you mine if you show me yours…lol…I have a to do list as well, which doesnt get worked on because i am afraid if i change the thread in my machine to something other then red you might post some new blocks!…lol…this morning, i changed it to blue, so that I can work on my pin cushion this afternoon.

So Amy, I will show you my progress this afternoon/evening, if you show me yours!

6. sewmeow June 29, 2010 at 9:57 am - Reply

Love the title to this post…that's what my to do list is all about. lol.

7. Melissa June 29, 2010 at 10:06 am - Reply

I love the Happy fabric. It will be adorable for a doll quilt!

8. Amy - Park City Girl June 29, 2010 at 10:08 am - Reply

DEAL Lindsay! You better get to work :)

9. Blue Is Bleu June 29, 2010 at 11:29 am - Reply

I always have trouble starting projects too… then halfway through I wonder what the fuss was all about hehe Can't wait to see your doll quilt with the Happy fabrics! :)

10. Lis June 29, 2010 at 11:45 am - Reply

I have a to do list but I never look at it!

11. Grey Cat June 29, 2010 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Here, I'll second Cheryl in saying, "Don't be afraid of New York Beauties!" They're not nearly as hard as they look, and they're so worth the effort.

Nevertheless, I'm sure those adorably happy prints will look awesome in Dresden Plates (a favorite of mine).

12. Carol June 29, 2010 at 12:57 pm - Reply

good luck. The Happy fabric is really pretty.

13. Barb June 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm - Reply

Oh, dresdens will be beautiful in your fabric choices :D