Still In Progress…

My Tuesday was like a full Monday!  Celebrating Sophia’s birthday made for a fun day thou :)  All that to say, I didn’t get to work on my design challenge quilt more, BUT I did take a couple more pictures for you!

We were given a page from a seed catalog, and told to select one picture to use as inspiration.

This is where my focus landed – peas!  I love the picture on the left, all the shades of green in the shadows, and the shape.  Nothing has to be literal, just our inspiration, so I cut a circle template!

Maybe now the photo from yesterday makes more sense?  I’m planning to be back tomorrow with more :)

Our Birthday Girl!  Sophia had a great day being the center of attention.  We also went to the doctor for her and Owen, a little reactive airway trouble…I’m thankful that it’s nothing worse, just a nasty cold that doesn’t want to leave.

What are you working on today?

Blessings~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:53+00:00 June 2nd, 2010|Celebrations, work in progress|12 Comments

1. Leslie June 2, 2010 at 5:34 am - Reply

happy birthday to your little one!!!! this inspiration picture is intriguing, i can not wait to see what becomes of your cut stack

2. Terriaw June 2, 2010 at 5:37 am - Reply

Love seeing the inspiration picture you picked! What a great idea to look through a seed catalog. Can't wait to see what you came up with. I think these challenges are really fun… and quite challenging too. Happy day to Sophia!

3. MARIKA June 2, 2010 at 6:07 am - Reply

Happy birthday fairy for a girl !

4. About Me June 2, 2010 at 6:30 am - Reply

Amy,

My Tuesday also felt like a REALLY bad Monday! Funny how that happends after a long weekend.

Can't wait to see more inspiration,
    Stefanie

5. Wendy_MT June 2, 2010 at 7:14 am - Reply

I'm sure your beautiful baby had a wonderful birthday since she was with you :) Great Job Mom! I like your description of the inspiration photo. Can't wait to see more.

6. Susan Entwistle June 2, 2010 at 7:20 am - Reply

My birthday was yesterday too. I wish I were five. :) Your daughter is adorable. Can't wait to see where you're headed with your challenge.

7. Natalia from Piece N Quilt June 2, 2010 at 8:02 am - Reply

I can't wait to see your design challenge quilt!

8. MomBrose June 2, 2010 at 11:12 am - Reply

That IS a challenge! Whew!
    I can't wait to see it finished!
    I love that miss Sophia was wearing a tiara and traded it for her headband. She's such a doll!!
    And I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious. I dislike reactive airway! Skylar has it and her coughs seem to last forever.

9. Candied Fabrics June 2, 2010 at 1:11 pm - Reply

Ooh, this is so cool! And happy day to the birthday girl! I've been designing this website:

and need to BACK AWAY from the computer – I've got 3 commission messenger bags that need to be done pronto!

10. Mrs. Darling June 2, 2010 at 2:35 pm - Reply

what an adorable birthday girl!!!

hope it was a fun and happy one!

11. sewtakeahike June 3, 2010 at 4:57 am - Reply

Happy Birthday to Sophia! She looks like such a "sweet pea"!
    and I agree, Tuesday was a really hard "monday" for me too. lots of bumps and stopping short for sure!

12. sheree June 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm - Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR GIRL!!!