Spring Quilt Festival

Like most of you, I’ve spent a good amount of time thinking which quilt I wanted to post for the festival.  There’s a number I really wish I could share, but that will have to be at a later date :)  In the end, I decided to post my Hunky Bars quilt, it is simple, yet beautiful and well loved in this house!

I had drawn a quick sketch of this quilt months prior to making it, and so when I was finally able to make it, just because, it was really refreshing to make.  This was one of those quilts that just needed to be made, I have a few more like that, and a few bags too!  I hope to get to more of them in the coming weeks.

For me, this quilt reinforces the thought that I’ve shared here before:  “a quilt doesn’t have to be complicated to be beautiful and well loved”.  I hope you agree :)

While making it I photographed the entire process so that I could make tutorials for here, lots of pictures later you can pretty much learn to quilt right here!

• Hunky Bars Quilt

• Basics: Basting a Quilt
  • Basics: Cleaning a Sewing Machine
  • Basics: Prepping a Binding
  • Basics: Prepping a Quilt Back
  • Basics: Sewing Binding to Quilt
  • Basics: Straight Line Quilting

It seems like everyone is enjoying the show, if you have any troubles with the Linky, let me know I’m happy to help!

Thank you so much for posting and participating~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:53+00:00 May 25th, 2010|Bloggers Quilt Festival|48 Comments

1. Denise May 25, 2010 at 5:27 am - Reply

Great quilt! Love the Hunky Dory line…haven't decided what to use mine in yet

2. Barb May 25, 2010 at 5:36 am - Reply

Pretty Colors – thanks for another great quilt festival!

3. Dresden Quilter May 25, 2010 at 5:40 am - Reply

I love this quilt, and I agree about not needing to make it too complicated. Sometimes I try to over complicate things.

4. badlandsquilts May 25, 2010 at 6:12 am - Reply

Yes, simple can be the best! Cute quilt! THanks again for going the festival!

5. Marlynn May 25, 2010 at 6:17 am - Reply

Great so simple and beautiful. The colors are wonderful. Thanks for the festival its been great seeing everyones quilts!

6. Debbie May 25, 2010 at 6:27 am - Reply

Yes, Amy, simple can be beautiful! And, sooooo easy, too. Thanks for sharing. Glad you've had a chance to participate with us!

7. Rafael's Mum May 25, 2010 at 6:40 am - Reply

I love the Hunky Dory in there…it looks like a well loved quilt!!

8. Mary on Lake Pulaski May 25, 2010 at 6:50 am - Reply

Love Hunky Dory and you did a great job on this quilt pattern Amy.
    Thanks again for hosting this festival – so fun to see ALL the amazing quilts.

9. Q May 25, 2010 at 6:52 am - Reply

Simple and beautiful :). THere's a great turnout at the Festival.

10. Lis May 25, 2010 at 7:11 am - Reply

What a lovely, comfortable-looking quilt and thank you so much for taking the time to do the great tutorial. The BQF is fantastic as ever but the number of entries is amazing, well done and thank you.

11. call me crazy May 25, 2010 at 7:13 am - Reply

It looks like a very happy quilt~ love the fabrics! :-)

12. Sherri May 25, 2010 at 8:02 am - Reply

Love this quilt…remember seeing it the first time and just loving it then too!

13. RosaMaría May 25, 2010 at 8:20 am - Reply

love the simple desing in these quilt! great job!

14. Janet May 25, 2010 at 8:36 am - Reply

So simple and such pretty colours!

15. Erin May 25, 2010 at 8:44 am - Reply

I want to echo the sentiment that sometimes, you just have to keep it simple and let the fabric speak for itself. This is one such occasion. Thank you so much for sharing, Amy, and for hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival once again!

16. Luv 2 Kreate May 25, 2010 at 9:39 am - Reply

Love your quilt…thanks for hosting the QF :)

17. mom May 25, 2010 at 9:47 am - Reply

I love this quilt, Amy, and I'm glad you picked it! I think the reason I liked it so much was because I could envision using up some scraps and attempting some straight line machine quilting. Now to find the time….

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

18. Terriaw May 25, 2010 at 10:29 am - Reply

The color combinations on this quilt are so pretty, especially that binding fabric. Such a pretty project to contribute to the awesome quilt festival!

19. Pat May 25, 2010 at 11:12 am - Reply

Bar quilts are so fun to make and the results are so varied. Love your fabrics choice.

Thanks so much for another quilt festival! I've learned a lot just visiting the blogs I have so far!

20. soggybottomflats May 25, 2010 at 11:37 am - Reply

I love snuggly quilts. I do agree with you, simple can be the best sometimes. Thank you for sharing and for giving us the opportunity to shine! Elaine

21. Allie May 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm - Reply

SO pretty, Amy – I love simple quilts best. Especially for snuggling!
    I am so enjoying the quilt show, you are such an inspiration!

22. That Girl May 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm - Reply

LOVE this quilt! It's simple and the fabrics just sing!

Jennifer :)

23. MARIKA May 25, 2010 at 1:39 pm - Reply

Very beautiful quilt work !

24. Angie Padilla May 25, 2010 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Simple, pretty and, best of all, looks like the kind of quilt everyone in the family fights over: the cuddly, comfy, snuggly quilt!

25. creativedawn May 25, 2010 at 3:19 pm - Reply

What a beauty in all its simplicity! I love how you combined the fabrics for this wonderful quilt. It is easy to see why she is a favored covering!!

hugz, Pam

26. MomBrose May 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm - Reply

I wondered which one you would share since most are off limits :D I just love the Hunky Dory line! I can't wait to make a Hunky Bars quilt too!

27. amandajean May 25, 2010 at 4:40 pm - Reply

It's wonderful! I love simple quilts. But I think that goes without saying. How long do we have to post quilts for the festival?

28. Quilting in the Pines May 25, 2010 at 5:28 pm - Reply

I love this line of fabric! Beautiful quilt! Thanks for hosting this festival. I have seen lots of great quilt!

29. SewCalGal May 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm - Reply

Very cheerful quilt. Love it!

SewCalGal

30. Eileen May 25, 2010 at 10:04 pm - Reply

amy–i do not know how to link to your blog or to link the quilt festival to mine!! help!! love your quilt–so spring-like.

31. Tania on the Hill May 25, 2010 at 10:30 pm - Reply

SIMPLE AND CUTE, GREAT JOB.

32. Kim May 25, 2010 at 11:31 pm - Reply

The Hunky Dory line is beautiful. Your quilt is beautiful.

33. Lynne May 26, 2010 at 12:55 am - Reply

Super pretty. Thank you again so much for the festival – I've enjoyed it sooooo much.

34. linda May 26, 2010 at 7:27 am - Reply

you know, i think i'd rather make a simple quilt that i know will be loved. that's for putting on the festival Amy, great job. lots of inspiring quilts going on here!

35. Oddbjørg May 26, 2010 at 12:06 pm - Reply

Lovely quilt!
    Thank you very much for hosting this festival. There are so many beautiful quilts around in the blogland!

36. AnnieO May 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm - Reply

So pretty! A well loved quilt just gets better and better as it gets softer with washing. Thank you for sharing your quilt's story :)

37. Shawn May 27, 2010 at 4:13 am - Reply

Lovely quilt Amy, and a great pattern to showcase pretty fabrics! Hope you all are feeling better, spring colds are the worst…. :(

38. comfortstitching May 27, 2010 at 6:32 am - Reply

I agree, quilting should be about relaxing and enjoying your creativity. This quilt looks so happy and charming!

39. Catherine May 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Love the simplicity of this quilt Amy! Sometimes a simple pattern is all you need to show off beautiful fabrics. I need to remind myself this sometimes when I can't decide what to do with some special to me fabrics that I can't quite cut into.

40. 2miracles/Tove May 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm - Reply

Where did you get the rod you hang your quilts from?

41. Busy Little Quilter May 28, 2010 at 5:33 am - Reply

Your quilt is beautiful.

I totally agree with you!

42. Leslie May 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm - Reply

i love it and i love that you entered your own festival!!!

43. Dolly May 28, 2010 at 1:45 pm - Reply

That's a pretty little thing that you shared ! How big is that quilt?

It looks like your care package (in the next post) was based on the colors in this quilt……someone knows how to pick your favorites.

Thank you so much for taking all the time to get this festival together again. It is so nice to be able to come to the post anytime you want to find some more great quilts to read about !

And I hope that you and the kids feel better VERY soon !

44. Magnolia Bay Quilts May 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm - Reply

Beautiful quilt, Amy! And I do agree with you that a quilt doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful. Yours is definitely evidence of that.

Thanks for sharing the picture, and for organizing such a wonderful quilt show!

45. erin lebeau May 29, 2010 at 9:08 am - Reply

what a sweet quilt :)….& how sweet of you to host this lovely event! can't wait for the next one! http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/

46. Zlaty May 31, 2010 at 2:09 am - Reply

Simple and pretty!

Happy sewing!

47. Kathy May 31, 2010 at 7:15 am - Reply

I really like what you came up with in the design of this simple bar style quilt. The larger bars really allow the fabric to show and be appreciated. If it were mine, it would be one of my favorites too! Thank you for your work in making this spring quilt festival possible. I am enjoying endless browsing!

48. Laurel H. June 7, 2010 at 3:59 pm - Reply

You're right; this is a beautiful quilt indeed. :) And thanks SO much for these Fests; if I'd known it would be like this, I would have jumped in the one last fall!