Madison Bag & a Big Birthday

It’s been such a full week!  Thanks so much for your response to my first pattern, and the Blogger’s Quilt Festival! In the mean time, I finished my Madison Bag for myself – and almost forgot to show you.

I love the finished product!  Getting there, was a little sketchy, but the size and shape are so right.

The construction methods were a little frustrating.  This is how I had to maneuver the machine to be able to attach the handles….I plan to try another pattern and see how more recent instructions finish the bag.  I wouldn’t suggest this pattern for a first time bag maker, but it’s so cute.  Don’t you think!?

Today is Ella’s birthday – she’s 10. 10!  My first baby, now 10!  She’s been counting down for the last three months, not one second letting us forget that she is SO excited to move into double digits.  Lasagna and cheesecake are on the menu tonight – I bought the cheesecake, but the lasagna will be homemade.

What are you up to today?

PS – my manuscript arrived yesterday, time to edit :)
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:54+00:00 May 13th, 2010|Celebrations, sewing|16 Comments

1. Nancy May 13, 2010 at 6:05 am - Reply

today I will be shopping for food for the Graduation Party Saturday… my last child will graduate from HS on Sunday… YIKES! I will be an empty nester and look forward to maybe traveling with hubby this summer…(not exciting stuff, he travels for work)

2. Terriaw May 13, 2010 at 6:20 am - Reply

Cute fabrics for your new bag! Love the red-pink dots for the handle. Happy day to your 10-year old!

3. badlandsquilts May 13, 2010 at 6:44 am - Reply

Nice fabric selection of the bag Amy, I love how the flap looks fussy cut. I've been looking at Janomes but wish they had open arms…

4. Dresden Quilter May 13, 2010 at 6:58 am - Reply

Happy Birthday to Ella! The bag looks fantastic.

5. Tipper May 13, 2010 at 7:08 am - Reply

So pretty! This may be my favorite of the bags you've made-the colors just POP!!

6. Candied Fabrics May 13, 2010 at 7:31 am - Reply

Pretty bag! My Juki doesn't have an open arm, I do all this kind of sewing inside out, meaning I turn the bag inside out and all the extra fabric is up in the air parallel to the head of the sewing machine. If this makes no sense to you, I'll take a picture sometime!

7. Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS May 13, 2010 at 7:33 am - Reply

Happy Birthday Ella!
    I'm on the cusp of having a double digit girl myself! today is also my hubby's bday! May is quite the month for birthdays in our family!

Enjoy the Lasagna!

8. bethanndodd May 13, 2010 at 7:41 am - Reply

Happy Birthday to Ella! My oldest son will be 10 next month…where did the time go?! Enjoy the day and have fun editing :o).

9. Amy - Park City Girl May 13, 2010 at 8:06 am - Reply

My Janome does have an open arm – this was super tight, thus the over the edge of the table :)

10. Natalia May 13, 2010 at 8:57 am - Reply

The bag is darling Amy! :) I can't believe she is 10! Happy birthday Ella!!!!

11. Vicki May 13, 2010 at 9:33 am - Reply

Great bag! Happy birthday to your girl–my 10 year old is only a couple weeks older than yours.

12. Lizzie May 13, 2010 at 9:44 am - Reply

Bag looks great, and now your daughter is 10, she'll be a teenager in a blink of an eye and suddenly my eldest is 15 1/2 16 at Christmas! treasure the moments with her.

13. Linda May 13, 2010 at 10:10 am - Reply

Great bag, and I have machine envy! Best princess wishes to Ella on turning 10! My oldest just turned 45 in April, and it seems like only yesterday that he was born and I was 18. When did we get so old?

14. Rene' May 13, 2010 at 12:05 pm - Reply

Happy Birthday to your Ella!!! Quite the milestone! Love your bag with those Amy Butler fabrics.

15. Tales From My Empty Nest May 13, 2010 at 9:48 pm - Reply

The bag is adorable and I love the fabrics you chose. So cute! Love & blessings from NC!

16. Allie May 14, 2010 at 8:46 pm - Reply

Oh that turned out darling – I LOVE the shape of it, and the fabrics you used!