Roman Shades & a Winner!

This roman shade project has been on my list since we painted the living room in January!  I purchased fabric in February, and finally collected all the bits and pieces needed to make it.  I had to let my ideas fully form, before I was ready to cut (some may call this procrastination!), but I decided I’m ready.   Last night I got all my pieces cut, and today I hope to get the sewing done.

When we get them mounted, I will show you our living room :)
—–
The Blush Layer Cake goes to — #284

Congratulations Julie!!  I would love to see what you make with this.

Thank you to everyone that left sweet comments  –  I loved reading through them all!  You guys make my day with everyone :)

Blessings ~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:55+00:00 April 27th, 2010|give away, sewing|17 Comments

1. RWL April 27, 2010 at 6:34 am - Reply

I've been to scared to make Roman shades for our apartment. Hopefully after seeing yours, I won't be so freaked out! :)

2. Mary on Lake Pulaski April 27, 2010 at 7:34 am - Reply

Congratulations Julie!
    Can't wait to see the Roman Shade Amy!

3. Natalia April 27, 2010 at 7:45 am - Reply

Amy, that material will look so good with your paint! Can't wait to see them finished.

4. call me crazy April 27, 2010 at 8:26 am - Reply

Congratulations Julie! Oh I can't wait to read about your shade making~ I caved and purchased one because I was a little intimidated by the sewing directions. ;-)

5. CourtneAl April 27, 2010 at 8:40 am - Reply

We are on the same wavelength. I have some naked windows that I am dreaming about covering!

6. Melody April 27, 2010 at 9:27 am - Reply

Congratulations Julie! I look forward to seeing your roman shades Amy!

7. Anina April 27, 2010 at 9:35 am - Reply

Very pretty! I've made Roman shades before and it was SO worth it. And really simple actually.
    I can't wait to see what they look like.

8. momto2wasd April 27, 2010 at 10:41 am - Reply

Roman shades are great and are quite simple to make. I'm sure yours will turn out wonderfully.

9. Debbie aka Marblesbestfriend April 27, 2010 at 11:11 am - Reply

Can't wait to see your shades – such pretty fabric. I bought a "dummies" pattern but our two windows are still bare.

10. SewCalGal April 27, 2010 at 11:26 am - Reply

Congratulations to Julie!
    Can't wait to see your roman shades.

SewCalGal

11. slow panic April 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm - Reply

i'm in the middle of remodeling my office/sewing room. which has 13 french windows (covering three walls) really want to do roman shades but feel a little intimidated. can't wait to hear how yours go

12. Kim D. April 27, 2010 at 1:43 pm - Reply

Congrats to Julie!! Oh, I can't wait to see your roman shades. I've been wanting to make some fabric covered wood valances and the fabric is sitting there waiting until I get my ideas together too.

13. MomBrose April 27, 2010 at 2:14 pm - Reply

ooh, that's Amy Butler isn't it?? :) Can't wait to see it all done!

14. Dena April 27, 2010 at 3:00 pm - Reply

Congratulations Julie!

Can't wait to see your Roman shades hung up in your living room.

15. IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson April 27, 2010 at 9:38 pm - Reply

Oh Amy I'm excited to see your shades. I have no curtains in my kitchen, living room or family room. You'll have to tell me about the process …. maybe someday I'll have something on my windows. I do love the sunlight coming right in though.

Smiles,
    Kelly

16. Allie April 27, 2010 at 11:40 pm - Reply

I don't call that procrastinating – I call it letting the project marinate. I can't wait to see your shades – I remember wanting to do some, bought everything I needed, but I let it marinate too long and it got spoiled. *G*

17. sandra April 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to make Roman Shades so show me how easy it is.