Inspiration: Solid Quilts

I think you all know that I love color, and solid fabrics can be so pretty all on their own!  Today I have a mosaic of inspiration for you:

1. city green, 2. Abstract squares, 3. Bar Code Quilt, 4. Habitat Quilt, 5. Solids quilt, 6. The Tempest
Created with fd’s Flickr Toys

I have a quilt planned in solids (1 of 2 for the final book deadline) and I can’t wait to get started!  These pictures make me even more excited.

Thanks so much to all of you that shared your favorite parts of quilting, I’m pretty hard pressed to pick favorites too but the moments I mentioned seem almost magical to me.  The quilt coming to life. . . I know it doesn’t breath or anything, but you get me right!?  Anyway, thanks for reading and taking the time to comment – it means a lot to me.

Blessings :)

PS – Where did March go???
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:57+00:00 March 31st, 2010|Inspiration|24 Comments

1. lpquilts March 31, 2010 at 5:27 am - Reply

Wow. I LOVE that first one, City Green. How awesome!

2. audreypawdrey March 31, 2010 at 5:29 am - Reply

These are beautiful. I love the first and second one-so pretty!

3. grendelskin March 31, 2010 at 5:36 am - Reply

Mmm, thanks for the eye candy! I must include a link to Andrea, she's playing with solids all this year. Here's her latest, a real beauty!

4. Terriaw March 31, 2010 at 5:51 am - Reply

I am always inspired by and motivated by solid quilts. I have been slowly collecting solids because they are so versatile with patterned fabrics and on their own. I am in love with Erica's newest quilt at http://craftyblossom.blogspot.com/2010/03/pink-zig-zag-quilt.html!

5. Jennifer March 31, 2010 at 6:16 am - Reply

The Bar Code quilt is GORGEOUS and is perfect for my son's room! It looks easier than making a traditional square quilt too. I may have to try something like this.

6. wishes, true and kind March 31, 2010 at 6:32 am - Reply

I just finished a quilt top in all solids and was working on another one last night. Cherri House does some amazing quilts in solids :)

joan

7. Isa March 31, 2010 at 6:49 am - Reply

They are beautiful, I got a thing for soild quilts too, at the moment.
    Can't wait too see what you come up with :-)

8. jenashford March 31, 2010 at 6:53 am - Reply

I love these! #3 is my fave, but I like 1 & 4 as well.

9. Natalia March 31, 2010 at 8:37 am - Reply

Those are some darling solids quilts! I've never been so much into them but some of these are just perfect using solids! :)

10. live a colorful life March 31, 2010 at 9:03 am - Reply

These quilts are all so fabulous! And I have been busy collecting solids. Now it's time to stop collecting and satrt sewing!

11. Trudi March 31, 2010 at 10:46 am - Reply

Wow, what wonderful inspiration Amy! Can't wait to see where it leads you :) Did you say March has gone…. I must have blinked! LOL

12. chq March 31, 2010 at 11:19 am - Reply

I'm honored to be added to your inspiration wall.

Thanks!

Cherri

13. Candied Fabrics March 31, 2010 at 11:25 am - Reply

And THIS is one of the reasons why i dye my own fabrics – I love quilts where the pattern of the piecing itself is the focus (rather than with printed fabric, where it can become more about the fabric…)

Thanks for helping me realize this Amy!

14. Vicki March 31, 2010 at 12:18 pm - Reply

those are so pretty. I really like the stripey one. :0)

15. rusluvsme March 31, 2010 at 12:22 pm - Reply

They're all gorgeous, but that City Green is stunning!

16. Megan March 31, 2010 at 1:59 pm - Reply

My sentiments exactly…where DID March go? City green is a fabulous quilt…thanks for brightening this dreary, cloudy day with a colorful post!

17. Leslie March 31, 2010 at 4:18 pm - Reply

solid quilts always appeal to me , yet i have never made one because i always am so taken with the amazing patterned fabrics out there. i have some set aside to make the original ORBC quilt along quilt all in solids. maybe i can be inspired and get to it!!

18. Dena March 31, 2010 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Nice quilts. I especially like the second one down in the left-side column. I find it can be difficult to find solid color fabric in a wide-range of colors. Actually, the Amish have become well known for their quilt making skills, including using solid colors.

19. Sew It UP! March 31, 2010 at 5:30 pm - Reply

These are all so beautiful! I believe I got my solid color quilt bug when I saw my first Amish quilt. Amazing, to say the least.

I totally understand about the quilt coming to life. Just an awesome feeling :o)

20. What Comes Next? March 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm - Reply

those are fabulous quilts – incredible inspiration. I'm finding myself more and more drawn to solids and very simple designs. These all fit that mold! gorgeous!

21. Allie April 1, 2010 at 12:07 am - Reply

What great inspiration – I want to make a couple of solid color quilts myself. Love the pics!

22. Jen of ReannaLily Designs April 1, 2010 at 4:21 am - Reply

Love those color blocked quilts. I've never made one… yet. =)

23. Barb April 1, 2010 at 5:39 am - Reply

great solid quilt eye candy!
    thanks!

24. Ritapizza April 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm - Reply

I love all these solids quilts! I've always had a love affair with solids but have never been good at choosing colors that aren't too matchy matchy! Would love to see your solid quilt soon!