Fresh for February

I spent a bit of time going through my flickr contacts and groups in my reader over the weekend.  (Probably 1500 images!)  A few favorites jumped out at me and I thought I would share —

January Favorites
I also have a favor to ask.  I need help naming my quilts for my book.  My creativity seems to cease when looking at my modern simple quilts – that I LOVE.  Any suggestions would be welcome :)  I know it’s difficult without seeing them – sorry!
Happy Monday!

—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:46+00:00 February 1st, 2010|Inspiration|20 Comments

1. Andrea Baker February 1, 2010 at 6:28 am - Reply

names:
    Sunshine Lolly Pop
    A Worm In The Sun
    Going Round and Round
    Delicate Love

Of course, I have no idea what you quilts look like that you'd like names for. LOL HUGS!

2. Anina February 1, 2010 at 8:28 am - Reply

I love other people's mosaics.
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Candied Fabrics February 1, 2010 at 9:24 am - Reply

Sigh…I love quilts! They never get old!

4. Cheryl Arkison February 1, 2010 at 9:39 am - Reply

Coming from a girl with a quilt named Footballs of Destiny I'm not sure how much help I can be!
    Thanks for including me in your favourites, twice!

5. Cheryl Arkison February 1, 2010 at 9:39 am - Reply

Thanks for including me in your favourites, twice!

6. Cheryl Arkison February 1, 2010 at 9:39 am - Reply

Thanks for including me in your favourites, twice!

7. Vicki February 1, 2010 at 9:44 am - Reply

those are great. I do not do well with naming quilts, either. I'll try to think of ideas for ya though.

8. SewAmy February 1, 2010 at 10:03 am - Reply

I love that last quilt, 'footballs of destiny'. I am really bad with coming up with names so I am not even going to try.

9. mjb February 1, 2010 at 10:15 am - Reply

I was reading a Nancy Crow book last night – you could go like that and just name them with numbers! I think Denyse Schmidt does a great job of naming her quilts, though. Since you're naming a quilt and not a pattern, you can name it using the colors you've used – and tying in the shapes, using themes from nature are also all great for modern quilts.

10. live a colorful life February 1, 2010 at 10:38 am - Reply

andrea baker's names cracked me up. I always wanted to be the person who names the paint colors. Until I actually tried thinking of names. It's hard. But really cool when the perfect name pops into your head. Actually, going to the store and looking at paint chip names might not be a bad idea as a starting point….

11. Holly McLean February 1, 2010 at 11:10 am - Reply

I love#4! I might call it patches since it was inspired by patchwork quilts.

12. Lis February 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm - Reply

Great collage of quilts. I usually name quilts in relation to their destination or inspiration but love the paint colours idea – I won't use a paint if I don't like the name even if I like the colour, how sad is that? What about the names of OPI nail varnishes, they are briliiant, maybe they would inspire you! "Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It", "Black Cherry Chutney", "Over the Taupe" are some of my favourites! http://www.opi.com (no affiliation)

13. bettina February 1, 2010 at 2:08 pm - Reply

very lovely finished projects

14. audreypawdrey February 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm - Reply

Great mosaic! I am bad at names, but what about sweetwater, laughing circles, and purple sunshine? oh, well….

15. CitricSugar February 1, 2010 at 6:55 pm - Reply

Mad Love on a Ferris Wheel
    Across the Pond
    Framed
    Such a Square
    Club Soda on the Rocks
    Shadowboxer

Hope you like my random names and I sincerely hope they match your quilts!

16. Michelle February 1, 2010 at 9:57 pm - Reply

Laughter on the porch
    Wine in the Hot Tub
    Coziness by the Fireplace

Always love looking at collages of quilts. Good luck naming your quilts, I'm not very good at this game, but my daughter is great at it, she's study to be an english teacher.

17. Tipper February 2, 2010 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Love the tree on the top row-but they are all beautiful : )

18. kanishk February 4, 2010 at 8:19 am - Reply

I love other people's mosaics.

Work from home India

19. Rita @ Mochi Studios February 4, 2010 at 12:54 pm - Reply

these are beautiful! I'm faving these! hmm quilt names… I'll have to think on that…

20. Peppermint Pinwheels February 7, 2010 at 10:03 pm - Reply

I was just link jumping, with the search term "wheel of chance" and ended up here…and there was a picture of one of my quilts here! Wow!!! I tend to take the easy route of naming my quilts based on the colors and the traditional block name. Kind of predictable, but descriptive! P.S. I love your collages and thanks for making my day!