My Birthday Girl

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Emmalie!  She had a great day being the center of attention and extra treats too :)  I’m behind (again) (as usual) in responding to comments, but I’m so glad that you are excited about quilters from the Quilt Festival being featured regularly!  I’m looking forward to it!  I’m thinking our first installment will start within a couple of weeks.

Back to Emmalie –

She was blessed with new clothes.

A huge box of crayons – every Kindergartners dream!

And quite a few Littlest Pet Shop figures, including this plush one.  (We now have 3 girls collecting the little creatures!)

She requested the butterfly cake again, with everything going on in our home I asked her to pick two colors, knowing that I didn’t have a lot of time to decorate it!  (Go take a look at last year’s cake.

She got them all on the first go!  She is a blessed little girl with all the love and presents she received today.  Joe and I are blessed by her sweet and gentle spirit.  We love you Emmalie!
Here’s the rest of what I’ve been up to – painting the living room!  My Christmas present from Joe was the paint, and his ability, for the living room.  He’s been working non-stop, so I thought it might take months to actually happen.  Much to my surprise, he showed up Tuesday afternoon early, and suggested that we begin painting!  I ran to Home Depot and Wal-Mart (BD shopping) and came back with all the necessities.   He got us started, but I spent most of Wednesday doing my best to paint two large walls.

We are covering the gold with a tealy blue called Jamaican Sea, and the ceiling is back to white.  It feels so fresh and bright – I’m loving it!!  Now what to do with those curtains. . . ???  I’ll post more make-over pictures when my computer isn’t pushed up against the stairs!

Blessings~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:36+00:00 January 7th, 2010|Celebrations|16 Comments

1. Natalia January 7, 2010 at 8:23 am - Reply

I like the blue! New paint is always so refreshing. :)

2. audrey January 7, 2010 at 8:34 am - Reply

Love the blue paint!! Such a pretty shade.

3. Leslie January 7, 2010 at 8:35 am - Reply

happy birthday to your little Emmalie. that is such a fun butterfly cake! i love the colors you are painting…very fresh and bright and fun.

4. Miss Nancy January 7, 2010 at 9:31 am - Reply

What a refreshing color. It will make the Midwinter Blahs fly out the window. Great selection. Happy Birthday to Emmalie.
    Have a great day!!

5. mom January 7, 2010 at 9:45 am - Reply

How did you make that awesome butterfly cake? Do you have a mold for it? What fun!

I'm pretty much a chicken when it comes to painting bold colors on walls, although when we did some remodeling five years ago I did let the boys pick a striking blue for their walls. But that Jamaican Sea is really pretty and tempting! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

6. Kris January 7, 2010 at 9:48 am - Reply

What a great birthday! I also got painting for Christmas! My boyfriend has agreed to paint two rooms in our apartment… I told him it was the best gift he could've gotten for me. As soon as the tree is down, we'll be painting up a storm too!

7. Candied Fabrics January 7, 2010 at 10:01 am - Reply

Both you and Emmalie got awesome presents!

8. Amber January 7, 2010 at 11:06 am - Reply

Happy Birthday to Emmalie – and I love painting the house – well, actually – I only like what it looks like after :-)
    I really want to re-paint our living room – it's red…but I may have to pick a color that goes with my curtains :-)

9. KaHolly January 7, 2010 at 1:19 pm - Reply

What a fun little birthday! Looking back at last year's photos, she certainly has grown! What a difference a year makes. DON"T BLINK. EVER! They grow up so darned fast! Beautiful girl, beautiful cake, and nice bright colors for your room!

10. DeeRoo January 7, 2010 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Umm….you think only kindergartner's love crayons…I beg to differ….I'm going to be 51 in May and I would LOVE a big old box of crayons. I just can't get over how much bigger the box is from the 64 we so coveted!:)

She sure looks cute up next to that new wall paint!;)

11. creativedawn January 7, 2010 at 4:20 pm - Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMALIE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAVE A MERRY BIRTHDAY! Children grow so fast…cherish the babies
    big hugz
    Pam

12. MomBrose January 8, 2010 at 11:46 am - Reply

That cake is so cute! Happy Birthday to her! Glad we're not the only ones with a growing LPS collection :D

Oh, and I LOVE that blue. I want that color somewhere here :D But convincing Brian is a whole other story. Had you painted the orange and you are just going a different direction now?

Have fun with that!!!

13. Vicki January 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm - Reply

wow, great paint color. Happy late b-day to your sweetie. :)

14. wishes, true and kind January 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm - Reply

Could she be any cuter!?!?! Don't blink or you'll find yourself taking her out for a drink on her 21st birthday (as I did with my daughter in December) — which is also pretty fun! Oh, why do they grow up so fast!

joan

15. amylouwho January 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm - Reply

happy birthday!!

You know how I love blue! I can't wait to see this!

16. prashant January 14, 2010 at 6:43 pm - Reply