Goals for 2010 + Big News!

Looking back at the last year, I’m thankful for this blog, and the relationships I’ve made here, if it weren’t for all of you blogging wouldn’t be as much fun!  I did manage to do a few things on my list from last year, and the other items remain goals. I’m ok with that!  Thinking up the Blogger’s Quilt Festival has opened lots of new doors and taught me that it doesn’t hurt to ask, if you need help just ask!
2009 Highlights

Looking forward to 2010, it is the year of making dreams come true!  Not as many sleepless nights – I have been able to put my sketchbook ideas to fabric. Want to know why?
2009 Bee Highlights
I’m working on a book!  I submitted a proposal, last spring, and they actually liked it :)  Huge boost of confidence for me!  With this book my desire to inspire others to create continues to be fulfilled and the possibilities are reaching farther than I had ever expected!  I can’t share any details yet, but as soon as I can you all will be the first to know!  My deadline is March 5 – so I’m working like a crazy lady until then :)

My concrete goals for 2010 —
1- finish writing my book and creating all the samples, on time!
2- continue the Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and do it well.
3- set up a .com for this space.
4- continue to grow as a quilter.
5- inspire others to trust their creativity, and enjoy the process.

I’m really excited about this year – it’s going to be a wild ride :)  Thank you to all of your comments and emails over the last year – I love how this community supports each other!

(The pictures are highlights of my projects in 2009!)

Next steps:Subscribe to parkcitygirl
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:35+00:00 January 1st, 2010|Me|90 Comments

1. Dotty Jane January 1, 2010 at 6:33 am - Reply

You must be so excited! Good luck with your book and may your goals be reached:)

Vicki

2. Mimi January 1, 2010 at 6:35 am - Reply

Oh, Amy…you are an inspiration!! You go girl…put those dreams to reality.

I will look forward to watching your year unfold.

I've got a lot on my plate for this year, but come June, I'm going to put my retirement hat on and be home more, so I'll have more time for creativity and progress.

Happy New Year, may 2010 be WONDERFUL for you!!

Hugs

wv…barlyst. I'll have to start one if I take up drinking!

3. Mrs Moen January 1, 2010 at 6:35 am - Reply

Congratulations, Amy, on your book deal; it is well deserved!
    I wish you a wonderful and creative new year, and I am already looking forward to the next Quilt Festival!

4. Lynz January 1, 2010 at 6:35 am - Reply

way to go, Amy!!!! How exciting!!

5. BaileyGirl5 January 1, 2010 at 6:43 am - Reply

How exciting! I'll be the first in line to buy that book. Your blog is very inspiring and I'm sure the book will be awesome. I love my zig zag I made with you months ago!

Congratulations and Happy New Year!!!

6. grendelskin January 1, 2010 at 6:46 am - Reply

Amy, where *do* you find the time?!? Congratulations and best wishes on getting that book out the door! You made 2009 a little better for me; I do hope that 2010 gives you lots of wishes come true.

7. Jackie January 1, 2010 at 6:51 am - Reply

Amy, That is just fantastic!! I am anxious to see what your book will be. So exciting. I know if anyone can accomplish this you will. Congratulations!!

8. Jessica January 1, 2010 at 6:54 am - Reply

This year is going to be a great one for you…I know it!

9. Lisa M. January 1, 2010 at 6:59 am - Reply

Amy, I'm so glad I found your blog a couple of months back. As a newbie blogger I find you inspiring. Congratulations on your book, we can't wait to see it! :-)
    Lisa in New England

10. Dawn January 1, 2010 at 7:06 am - Reply

Happy New Year indeed! A book! All the best to you! You've certainly made the dream come true.

Best wishes,
    Dawn

11. Purple Paisley Patch January 1, 2010 at 7:13 am - Reply

Happy New Year Amy and CONGRATS on the book, that is fantastic news.
    I can't wait until you can tell us some more about it – quilts only or quilts and other bits and pieces?
    Thanks for providing inspiration through your wonderful blog.
    Kelly :-)

12. Dana January 1, 2010 at 7:25 am - Reply

Such wonderful accomplishments Amy!! Congratulations on the book. You KNOW I will be first in line for an autographed copy!

13. Lois Grebowski January 1, 2010 at 7:51 am - Reply

a book? How exciting!

14. Jean January 1, 2010 at 7:55 am - Reply

I am excited for your book news. You have such energy and initiative, it seems to me. I like your other goals too – growing as a quilter and enjoying the process speak to me, and I am surely glad that you are going to continue the Quilt Festival. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

15. Lis January 1, 2010 at 8:14 am - Reply

Wow, many many congratulations Amy what a way to start a new year, go girl!

16. Miss Nancy January 1, 2010 at 8:16 am - Reply

To use and old phrase, "You go, girl!", (I think that is an old phrase). Best Wishes for the book and all of your goals. I have the feeling that you will do well.
    Have a great day, keep up the good work, and Happy 2010.

17. Mandy January 1, 2010 at 8:23 am - Reply

How exciting for you. Good luck with getting all the samples completed on time. I really hope that that goes smoothly for you.
    What an exciting year 2010 will be for you.

18. mathea January 1, 2010 at 8:47 am - Reply

Congratulations on your book deal! I discovered your blog through the Quilt Festival last autumn and you quickly worked your way into my favourite reads, so I'm sure your book will be worth reading!
    Happy New Year and best of luck to you and your family!

19. zarina January 1, 2010 at 8:49 am - Reply

2009, I love the quilt festival (and its not because I was one of the winner but that was a boost) and getting to know you. Congratulations on the upcoming book. I know what its feel like to have people buying your creations

20. Happy Cottage Quilter January 1, 2010 at 8:52 am - Reply

Congratulations and best wishes on your goals. What an awesome thing ti is to write a book! Hope it all goes well. Happy New Year!

21. Leslie January 1, 2010 at 9:00 am - Reply

congratulations!!! that is amazing news. i can not wait to be able to have a copy of my own.

22. Melanie January 1, 2010 at 9:07 am - Reply

Congratulations on the book deal! How exciting!

23. melissa s. January 1, 2010 at 9:10 am - Reply

congratulations amy! I'm so excited for you and excited to see your book!!! happy new year!

24. Erin January 1, 2010 at 9:17 am - Reply

Congrats, Amy! I can't wait to see your book on the shelves :) I can't think of a more deserving or hardworking quilter, and I can't wait to check out the spring quilt festival :) Thank you for being an inspiration to ME this year (even if I am a bad blogger)

25. Trudi January 1, 2010 at 9:19 am - Reply

What an inspiration you are Amy! With goals like those, you sure are going far this year! Congratulations on the book, I'll be there with everyone else in the cue for a signed copy! It's going to be a good year!

26. Cheryl Arkison January 1, 2010 at 9:22 am - Reply

Congratulations on all your success, and wishes for even more.

Let us know if you need any help.

27. Cheryl Arkison January 1, 2010 at 9:22 am - Reply

Congratulations on all your success, and wishes for even more.

Let us know if you need any help.

28. Cheryl Arkison January 1, 2010 at 9:22 am - Reply

Congratulations on all your success, and wishes for even more.

Let us know if you need any help.

29. Katy January 1, 2010 at 9:40 am - Reply

Such an inspiration you are, and I truly love reading your blog! And great goals! I'm working on my list right now…

One quick question, how did you make all of your little thumbnail mosaics? I've always seen these on your and others sites and was just curious how you all do it!

Have a wonderful and happy New Year!

Always,
    Katy

30. SewCalGal January 1, 2010 at 9:41 am - Reply

I'm excited to hear you are writing a book. I'm sure it will be delightful. Great goals..inspirational!

SewCalGal

31. Carin January 1, 2010 at 9:45 am - Reply

Happy New Year to you too!
    I hope you aren't snowed in up there in the wilds of Park City ;O)

32. Polly January 1, 2010 at 9:47 am - Reply

Wow! So happy for your book deal! They couldn't have chosen a more creative quilter to showcase! Happy New Year! God bless!! Polly :-)

33. beth January 1, 2010 at 9:50 am - Reply

congratulations! what a great way to begin the new year!!!

34. Natalia January 1, 2010 at 9:55 am - Reply

Congratulations Amy! I'm so excited for you!

35. karenfae January 1, 2010 at 9:59 am - Reply

good luck on the book Amy – something I have always wanted to do but don't seem to have the talent for!
    Karen

36. Tipper January 1, 2010 at 10:01 am - Reply

Yay for you Amy!!I know you've worked hard to reach your goals-and you deserve much success!

37. quiltcetera January 1, 2010 at 10:01 am - Reply

Congratulations Amy! How exciting for you!! Looking forward to seeing your book in stores. :)

38. CA FROM SLC January 1, 2010 at 10:04 am - Reply

Can't wait to get your book when it is out!!!

39. Amy R January 1, 2010 at 10:04 am - Reply

All the best to you Amy much success as you follow your dreams! Thanks for inspiring us all!

40. Grey Cat Quilts January 1, 2010 at 10:24 am - Reply

A book! How exciting, and congratulations! :)

41. amylouwho January 1, 2010 at 10:33 am - Reply

Go Amy, go Amy! Yay! Great goals and so much to look forward to this year! You are amazing!

I love that the block you made for me is in the center :). It's great!

42. Kandra January 1, 2010 at 10:34 am - Reply

Grats on the book deal Amy! Great goals – setting up a dotcom is pretty simple – if you have questions, feel free to ask. :)

43. Luv 2 Kreate January 1, 2010 at 11:13 am - Reply

Good luck with the book!

44. upstateLisa January 1, 2010 at 11:17 am - Reply

congratulations! I look forward to seeing your book in print! Happy New Year!

45. Mary on Lake Pulaski January 1, 2010 at 11:22 am - Reply

Someone made a good decision with they accepted your proposal for a book! Can't wait to see it Amy! Good for you!

46. Oddbjørg January 1, 2010 at 11:41 am - Reply

Happy New Year! Oh, it sounds so exciting about the book – congratulations

47. Lara January 1, 2010 at 11:43 am - Reply

Fantastic Amy! 2010 looks set to be amazing! If you need a pattern tester… I am always happy to help :)

48. Michelle January 1, 2010 at 11:45 am - Reply

Happy New Year Amy! I can't wait to see your bookL! Anticipating Quilt Festival…love it…umm I better start thinking of a quilt it will be here before we know it. A new year, new dreams!

49. jona January 1, 2010 at 12:02 pm - Reply

Yay Amy!! I can't wait to see your book! 2010 is already exciting at your place!

50. amy smart January 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm - Reply

I am so excited for you Amy! I have so enjoyed getting to know you this year. You have inspired and motivated me in many ways. Maybe 2010 we'll finally meet in person! :)

51. Erin January 1, 2010 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Congrats on the book! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Also, changing your blogspot blog over to a .com is REALLY easy. In Blogger, under settings > publishing, there are step by step instructions that lead you through purchasing a domain name and redirecting this blog to it.

Happy New Year!

52. Blue Is Bleu January 1, 2010 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh! Congratulations on the book!!! Such amazing news :) And Happy New Year!!!

53. SaraRules January 1, 2010 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Such wonderful news! Congratulations, and good luck accomplishing great things in 2010!

54. em's scrapbag January 1, 2010 at 2:08 pm - Reply

Wishing the best in the new year. I am so happy for you and know you will do great!

55. Lisa January 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm - Reply

Wahoo! Congratulations on your book deal. Best wishes in getting it all done on time as well as accomplishing your other goals.

56. Jaimie January 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm - Reply

Amy, I am SO proud of you!!! I cannot believe you are finding time to write a book on top of quilting and taking care of your family. You will have to write another book about how to do just that! :) It is my dream to someday write a book too. I can't wait to hear (read) all about it!

57. Vicki January 1, 2010 at 3:32 pm - Reply

Happy New Year! Great goals!

58. frazzledsugarplummum January 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm - Reply

Congratulations on getting some of your goals accomplished in 2009 and for the 'book' coming up in 2010. Awesome news. All the best for a happy, healthy and productive New Year.

59. jess January 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Congratulations! You have an energy in your writing that I will be looking forward to seeing in your book!

60. Sarah January 1, 2010 at 4:28 pm - Reply

Wonderful news about your book. Congratulations! I'll look forward to the details. Good luck with it all.
    Thank you for organizing the Bloggers Quilt Festival. I'm just a novice quilter, but appreciate quilts and the amazing amount of time and effort that goes into creating a quilt. I admire all of you who are quilting one right after the other. Amazing!
    ~ Happy New Year!
    Sarah

61. live a colorful life January 1, 2010 at 4:44 pm - Reply

A book is SOO exciting. What a great way to start the new decade. Looking forward to more inspiration. And can't wait to get my hands on your book!

62. urbancrunch January 1, 2010 at 4:56 pm - Reply

A book?! Very cool! I can't wait to hear more about it.
    Happy New Year,
    Jaclyn

63. kate spain January 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm - Reply

Congratulations, Amy! What a wonderful way to start the new year!!

64. highwaycottage January 1, 2010 at 7:39 pm - Reply

Congratualtions on your blook deal Amy!! Can't wait till we can see it. Happy New Year!!

65. Mikol January 1, 2010 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Congrats on your book, how exciting! Looking forward to seeing more information on it when you can share.

66. Kaye Prince January 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm - Reply

Congratulations Amy! This is so (sew!) awesome and I can't wait to hear more about your book!

67. CitricSugar January 1, 2010 at 9:06 pm - Reply

That is fantastic news!! Congratulations! I know you'll keep us posted on the release date… I'm already sure it will be on my wish list the second it comes out. Best of luck!

68. Candied Fabrics January 2, 2010 at 12:58 am - Reply

Look at all these happy people! WooHoo! We can't wait to see the finished result!

69. Catherine January 2, 2010 at 3:27 am - Reply

Congratulations Amy! What a great way to start 2010. Way to go!

70. OliveStreetStudio January 2, 2010 at 6:17 am - Reply

WOW! What a way to start off a new year!! Best of Luck with the new book!

71. Sandra Schwab January 2, 2010 at 8:42 am - Reply

Big congrats, Amy! These are wonderful news! I'm looking forward to your book. Don't let the deadline bite you (sayz someone who absolutely loathes deadlines *g*)

72. call me crazy January 2, 2010 at 9:45 am - Reply

Congratulations Amy! How exciting!! I love your photo's~ your projects were all great!

73. Evelyn January 2, 2010 at 6:50 pm - Reply

Congrats on the book deal! I'll be really looking forward to reading it. Keep up the great work – we all so appreciate it!

74. Whosies January 2, 2010 at 10:20 pm - Reply

sounds like a good past and future year!! lucky you! congrats and good luck

75. the Material Girls Quilts January 3, 2010 at 1:13 am - Reply

such exciting news!!Yay for you!! We will definitely carry it in the shop. Just let me know name, publisher and I am ordering!!!
    Congratulations!!
    Nadine

76. Thimbleanna January 3, 2010 at 9:46 am - Reply

Wow! Congratulations Amy! Happy New Year — it's going to be a great year for you!

77. paula January 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm - Reply

Wow Amy! What fantastic quilts!

I'm a 52 weeks of Blogging forum member and I'm interested in checking out how those, such as yourself, blog successfully. I'm glad you're part of this forum.

78. Crafty Mama January 3, 2010 at 5:38 pm - Reply

CONGRATULATIONS Amy! What an awesome achievment!!

79. Nichol January 3, 2010 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Way to go Amy!!! I will be watching to see what news comes! And I'll buy your book for sure!!!! :)

80. Diane January 3, 2010 at 7:42 pm - Reply

Congrats on the book and good luck on all your endevors in the new year.

81. Rebekah January 4, 2010 at 8:12 am - Reply

congrats on the book deal! Can't wait to see what it's about

82. Mama Spark January 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm - Reply

Congrats on the book! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

83. Terriaw January 4, 2010 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Congratulations on the book deal! Wow – that is the biggest news I've heard. You must have been jumping up and down, yet you sound so calm in this post.

Love your mosaics of your projects. It was so fun following your projects throughout the year.

84. Susan January 4, 2010 at 9:12 pm - Reply

Wow, a book! That's amazing, that you have the time to put that together, and quilt, and take care of four children!

I'm trying to find any spare minute in the day to do my blogging!

Congratulations and I wish you well on the book.

85. Rene' January 4, 2010 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Amy, Happy New Year!!! I'm behind on my blog reading! Congratulations on your new book! Can't wait to hear more details. Good for you!!!!

86. Sonja♥ January 6, 2010 at 11:30 am - Reply

Bonne et heureuse année 2010, Amy. I wish you all the best for this new year and that indeed all your "dreams come true"!!!!
    It's a great news to read that you're writing a book!!! I hope to see the cover of your new book on your blog this year 2010;)
    And thank you for your brightness and your motivation!!!

87. roseylittlethings January 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm - Reply

congrats, that is so exciting!!! Very inspiring. happy new year!

88. SuzyQSparkles January 8, 2010 at 10:43 pm - Reply

Amy- It's been a long time since I've read many blogs (or played online) maybe going back to college? I was delighted to log on again and hear about your success with pitching a book AND enjoyed seeing your embroidery color wheel project.

Thanks for all the bits of inspiration and congratulations on making progress toward your dreams and goals! :D

89. Jessica Levitt January 17, 2010 at 7:46 pm - Reply

Wow, Amy, that's such wonderful news! Congrats and I can't wait to see it…

90. […] was looking at last years New Years post, I first shared about my book, and made some goals for the […]