Home Spun Holiday

My friend Natalia is hosting this fun event, and I’ve been trying to sit long enough to enter all week!Part of my issue is the usual messiness of our four busy kids, and I’ve not taken any pictures of our tree – until tonight. Just for you! You can see our stockings and tree skirt that I’ve made peeking out from under.

We don’t have a mantle to hang stockings on, and the 3M hooks we put up last year have all been broken by over use, so they are waiting patiently under the tree! I’ve only pulled them off of Owen’s feet once – he learns pretty quick. But I’ve still been batting him away from the tree on a daily basis!
I made a tutorial for these last month too. Just in case you need one more thing to do this week :) Tomorrow we are baking and then I must wrap up some presents! I think a trip to wal-mart is in order for a few wrapping supplies. We have two more days of school this week before our vacation begins.
I hope you all are warm and blessed ~

Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:00+00:00 December 19th, 2009|random|11 Comments

1. Natalia December 19, 2009 at 11:32 pm - Reply

I love that he wears the stockings! That's great! Thanks for sharing Amy! I need a wal-mart run too! I'm thinking that tomorrow may just be the only day that I might get a chance….. But I've got a Christmas party that starts @ 4! AHHHH! I am ready for Christmas to be over! :)

2. Michelle December 19, 2009 at 11:44 pm - Reply

Amy-Your stockings are georgous, love them, I'll have to check out your tutorial. I just made a Walmart run tonight from midnight to 1am, can you believe it…who needs sleep, I can last another week, right?

3. Becky December 20, 2009 at 7:36 am - Reply

Beautiful tree! And I have loved those stockings since you posted about them weeks ago.

I wanted to tell you that we have never had a mantle for our stockings. Our tradition has been to tie them on the backs of our chairs at the dining table. I use big colorful ribbon and it works beautifully! We've done it for about 20 years. Maybe that will help.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!! I love your blog.

4. Jessica December 20, 2009 at 7:40 am - Reply

I have two friends who just *need* stockings this year…your pattern will be perfect!

5. DeeRoo December 20, 2009 at 8:05 am - Reply

I do love your stockings…I love the idea of your son using them as socks…smart kid…bet the ARE warm!:)

Our schools have now been closed for the holiday because we had a blizzard yesterday…

I need to update that post because now the measurement is 21" of snow…looks like we are going to have a white Christmas!!

6. Candied Fabrics December 20, 2009 at 10:13 am - Reply

I Love the skirt – so modern & fresh! And the stockings are awesome! My boys are already out of school…will they ever last until friday?

7. MomBrose December 20, 2009 at 10:19 am - Reply

Oh Amy your skirt and stockings look amazing!! So beautiful!

8. Mary on Lake Pulaski December 20, 2009 at 7:23 pm - Reply

Very cute tree skirt and stockings Amy!

9. Michelle December 21, 2009 at 8:56 am - Reply

Those stockings are just too adorable! Merry Christmas!

10. Jessica December 21, 2009 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Your stockings are adorable! I bought fabric to make stockings, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe by next Christmas!

11. amylouwho December 21, 2009 at 9:02 pm - Reply

Cute! Alison puts the stockings on her feet too! But mine are lame drug store fuzzy ones that I don't care about too much. I need to actually make some.