Do It Now

It’s assumable that I repeat this phrase to my kids daily (I do), but I also find myself telling me – Do it now!

This is true of the 2 baskets of laundry waiting to be folded, the 2 hampers full waiting to be washed, the dishwasher that needs to clean more dirty dishes, and the floors that never seem to stay clean.

It’s also true of the seams that need to be ironed, the few junctions that don’t match and need to be unpicked and re-sewn.

There are times when I just ignore it all and work on what’s in front of me, but quite often – I just do it! How else is it going to get done?

What should you be doing?

I’m headed back to my sewing station for a few more minutes :)

Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:01+00:00 December 8th, 2009|Me|30 Comments

1. Cheryl Arkison December 8, 2009 at 3:01 pm - Reply

I should be working…

2. Cheryl Arkison December 8, 2009 at 3:01 pm - Reply

I should be working…

3. Cheryl Arkison December 8, 2009 at 3:01 pm - Reply

I should be working…

4. sewcurious December 8, 2009 at 3:34 pm - Reply

I should be making something to eat for supper. Hmmm . . . leftovers?

5. Lesly December 8, 2009 at 4:16 pm - Reply

I should be writing that review for that journal article and preparing my graduate seminar for the new year.

6. BaileyGirl5 December 8, 2009 at 4:30 pm - Reply

I should be cleaning up the kitchen so I can get my sewing stuff out and work on some Christmas presents. Instead …. I'm sitting at the computer reading blogs.

7. craft-crazed December 8, 2009 at 4:53 pm - Reply

Well Im at work so I should be working.. but there isnt much to do.. if I were home I should be cleaning but probably would end up sewing instead :)

~candace

8. Tiffany December 8, 2009 at 5:08 pm - Reply

Finishing Christmas projects instead of starting new ones!

9. Cara December 8, 2009 at 5:23 pm - Reply

I should be cleaning the kitchen, working on my daughter's Princess stocking, and changing at least one load of laundry. But I don't wanna lol.

10. Jane December 8, 2009 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Well! What an awful question to ask! Seems like I do all kinds of things putting off the things that I really want to do. Does that make sense?

11. RazakFamily December 8, 2009 at 5:38 pm - Reply

i SHOULD be cooking dinner rather than ordering pizza :)

12. Kim December 8, 2009 at 6:17 pm - Reply

Should be cutting the fabric for two custom order bags, stuffing ornaments, handing stitching ornaments, working on the quilt for my parent's xmas gifts, working on some gifts for my girls, labeling and enveloping the kids christmas cards, and more…too much to do…

13. em's scrapbag December 8, 2009 at 6:17 pm - Reply

I have a batch of wash that should be folded. Tons of Christmasing I need to get done. And a new design that needs to be finished.

14. Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 6:25 pm - Reply

I should be sewing…..

15. henny December 8, 2009 at 6:43 pm - Reply

I should clean my messy house this morning….should sewing more aah…so many things to do!

16. Jackie December 8, 2009 at 7:02 pm - Reply

Right now I actually should be going to bed, but I am not.

17. Nuts To You! December 8, 2009 at 7:18 pm - Reply

Not exactly right now, but often I should be working instead of messing around. I work from home doing medical transcription so the internet is right at my fingertips. How can I resist?!
    Shawna:)

18. lisa December 8, 2009 at 7:25 pm - Reply

we just had company over for a play date. I should be picking up after them (it was a co-worker and her 4 year old son to visit with me, and my three year old daughter) but I am savoring the piece and quiet of the moment before starting our night night time. Rneeds some transition/down time so shes watching her "shows"

19. Amy December 8, 2009 at 7:46 pm - Reply

My list of 'shoulds' is longer than I wish it were – I'm going to try and remember your mantra when I get overloaded. Thanks!

20. Leslie December 8, 2009 at 9:17 pm - Reply

i should be doing laundry…scrubbing bathrooms and cleaning floors. but none of that gets done…i want to be sewing

21. Alisa December 8, 2009 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I should be folding laundry!

My mantra when I am feeling overwhelmed is "Just do the next thing. Don't think about every other undone thing."

22. Candied Fabrics December 8, 2009 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I should be writing a guest post for my friend Amy! ;-)

23. Natalia December 8, 2009 at 10:44 pm - Reply

I should be going to bed! :)

24. Lis December 9, 2009 at 3:02 am - Reply

I should be binding my Christmas quilt but I've got a rotten cold and just want to curl up and hibernate.

25. sclangs December 9, 2009 at 6:02 am - Reply

I should be emptying/loading the dishwasher, doing laundry, cutting out quilt blocks, getting ready for the day, finishing the decorating for Christmas, preparing to bake some cookies….and probably sooo much more. But where am I, I am sitting infront of my computer facebooking and reading blogs! :)

26. by Daisy December 9, 2009 at 6:58 am - Reply

i should be at work, but i have a cold so i stayed in bed. i probably should go to the doctor but instead i'll just stay in bed. oh why is it lunchtime already? i just want to stay in bed and forget this day even started…

so, i should be out there living, and instead i'm just here feeling sorry for myself. i'm terrible at being ill!

27. anita December 9, 2009 at 7:22 am - Reply

I "should be" studying and even though I'm snowed in here in central IA (12" can you believe it?) — I should be working..

I "could be" finishing up some of my swap blocks and a friend's baby quilt.

instead…I'm cruisin' the net.

28. creativedawn December 9, 2009 at 5:37 pm - Reply

Hi Amy,
    I SHOULD be sewing binding on quilts for Christmas…but I'm on this computer! Must get off and get busy! Hugz, Pam…thanks for the reminder!!!!

29. jacquie December 10, 2009 at 4:18 am - Reply

yeah…i can put off just about anything. i should be heading to the hospital…i'm just so tired of going, but like you said…just do it.

30. Tipper December 11, 2009 at 6:58 am - Reply

I should be packing for a trip : )