Gift Ideas for Quilters

I’ve got a nifty list of gift ides, dream products for quilters, and a few must have’s too!

OLFA Rotary Circle Cutter
Large Self-Healing Cutting Mat — Mine is on it’s last leg!
Instant Design Wall
Super Satchel Thread Box
10 Yards Moda Muslin Bleached White
Gingher 8-Inch Shears — I mostly use my rotary cutter, but having a great pair of shears is so nice – these are on my list!
Quilt Display Rack
Binding Clips
Electric Quilt Company Amy Butler Software 22 Sewing Projects
Easy Dresden Quilting Ruler — This is such a fun tool!
EQ6 Quilt Design Software — This is on my list too, but I need a new computer first! :/
And if you are buying for a reader – you might consider a book suggested to me by my blog readers.

Are any of these on your list? Maybe you should send a hint to whomever is shopping for you!

Natalia and Vicki are sharing their own lists of gift ideas as well – maybe they have something you need!

What are you hoping for under the tree?

I had the best weekend with my family AND my sewing machine – I hope you did too ~

Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-09-19T12:33:20+00:00 November 30th, 2009|random|22 Comments

1. whimsy*couture*sewing*tutorials November 30, 2009 at 5:08 am - Reply

My husbands knows that when he gets me ANYTHING for my sewing room he'll be the hit! LOL
    Besides ANYTHING I would really love some more fabric!

2. *karendianne. November 30, 2009 at 5:50 am - Reply

Well I didn't know what I was hoping for but now I have a start to some ideas. Thanks!!! This helps.

3. Jackie November 30, 2009 at 5:59 am - Reply

Thanks Amy, This is really a great list.

4. Trudi November 30, 2009 at 6:10 am - Reply

Great list Amy! It's hard to know waht to ask for when there is so much out there, this is a great start (though I treated myself to a new mat last week! out of desperation of course LOL)

5. Terriaw November 30, 2009 at 6:27 am - Reply

This is a great list! I could use a couple of these items too. I have always wanted to see that circle cutter in action. And I think I need a new cutting mat since mine is looking a little ragged. Hope you get all you hope for!

6. MotherMotherOcean November 30, 2009 at 6:43 am - Reply

I am always a fan of just building up the stash.

7. Andrea November 30, 2009 at 7:43 am - Reply

Amy – too funny! Great minds think alike. I've got a list compiling over at my blog as well. Come and put down your wishlist, and I'll add it to my compiled list, and then I'm going to post it on Wednesday…there's a giveaway too! Some fq's just in time for Christmas!

8. Marianna November 30, 2009 at 8:03 am - Reply

This is a long list….. but one thing caught my attention….. how do you know when your cutting mat is on it's last legs?

9. Leslie November 30, 2009 at 8:04 am - Reply

awesome list. i love the design wall. i maybe mentioning this to my christmas elf.

10. Natalia November 30, 2009 at 8:28 am - Reply

Great list! I would love a quilt display rack too! :)

11. Lis November 30, 2009 at 8:47 am - Reply

Great list, I'd love a design wall and a quilt display rack (although my embroidery frame works well). I always ask for a P&Q magazine subscription too.

12. CitricSugar November 30, 2009 at 9:04 am - Reply

Fantastic list! Now I know where to send people….

13. Amy - Park City Girl November 30, 2009 at 9:06 am - Reply

Marianna – My cutting mat has places where it is no longer healing, and my rotary cutter skips on occasion while cutting in those areas. I've had a good run with it, maybe 5+ years – I'm due for an upgrade :)

14. Vicki November 30, 2009 at 9:36 am - Reply

I sooo love my Ginghers shears. They make the best left handed scissors. I've had mine about 11 years now and they've been great.

15. Blue Is Bleu November 30, 2009 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I'll just casually leave this page open on the computer for my husband… haha! The hubs and I don't really do presents for birthdays or X'mas… we just spend the day together cos that's all we really want :)

16. Carolyn November 30, 2009 at 6:10 pm - Reply

What a great list!

17. em's scrapbag November 30, 2009 at 7:02 pm - Reply

Great ideas. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving weekend. I enjoyed time with my family but the sewing machine had to stay home.

18. Rene' November 30, 2009 at 7:22 pm - Reply

Great list Amy. I have the instant design wall and love it. Did not know you could find some of these items at Amazon…especially fabric. Glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

19. Thimbleanna December 1, 2009 at 6:43 am - Reply

Great list Amy! I'm hoping for a longarm, but since I control the budget, that's not going to happen for many more years LOL!

20. crazyqsis December 1, 2009 at 11:18 am - Reply

If you dont have one ask for a clover seam ripper OMG youll love it

21. Rebekah December 1, 2009 at 1:21 pm - Reply

great list! I would love to get a pair of Gingher scissors…sticking with my trusy orange ones for now

22. Kama December 3, 2009 at 8:04 am - Reply

Shape Cutter Plus is also really nice. Joann.com sells it and you can find a coupon to buy it online for a cheaper price that way. :)