Christmas Stockings

While I wasn’t mopping up the kitchen or soaking my hands in dishwater I was working on these over the weekend! Last year when I made our tree skirt, my family suggested stockings. I wanted to make them, but had purchased enough fabric for the tree skirt only. Well, earlier this summer I was blessed, when the charming Kelly cleaned out her stash, and I knew that stockings were a must!

I love the maverick stars and this is my first project with them. I love the gentle reminder of Christs’ birth with the star – even Emmalie noted while I was sewing that they were like “Jesus’ star”. She’s such a smart girl :) I put everyone’s name on them, that way there are no squabbles year to year. And I had fun mixing up all the fabrics that I had!

I took pictures of my process, and plan to post a tutorial this week!

Let’s swap dinner recipes tomorrow – k!?

No dishwasher yet :( It needs a bit more work. . .

Happy Monday!

—————————————-
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:30+00:00 November 2nd, 2009|finished project|50 Comments

1. Allie November 2, 2009 at 9:15 am - Reply

They look beautiful! I keep telling myself I'll make my family stockings…but it hasn't happened yet.

2. Artfulife November 2, 2009 at 9:17 am - Reply

Darling!

3. SewCalGal November 2, 2009 at 9:17 am - Reply

Your Christmas stockings are the best I've ever seen. Lovely. I'm so happy to hear you'll be writing a tutorial, as I found these to be inspirational.

SewCalGal

4. MomBrose November 2, 2009 at 9:20 am - Reply

Yay! They are BEAUTIFUL!! I probably won't get to mine until after Thanksgiving :D but I'm looking forward to the tutorial.
    Sorry to hear about your dishwasher. Paper plates and cups for a few days?? :)

5. eamylove November 2, 2009 at 9:30 am - Reply

Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see the tutorial for the stockings – they are so pretty. We just got a new puppy, and Ginger needs her own stocking, too.

6. lisa November 2, 2009 at 9:31 am - Reply

my aunt has knited us all stockings, and I have a tree skirt to make (bought it all last year around Halloween but got intimidated and couldn't find the trim Iwanted so put it away…might need to pull it out soon) and my aunt hasn't made my man a stocking yet, but has the girls. Maybe I need to make the family some stockings until A gets his too…or maybe I will print off instructions and set it aside until next year =)

7. beth November 2, 2009 at 9:33 am - Reply

beautiful stockings. They look like a LOT MORE fun to work on than mopping or doing dishes!!!

8. quiltaholic November 2, 2009 at 9:42 am - Reply

Beautiful! I can't wait for the tutorial.

9. Angie November 2, 2009 at 9:50 am - Reply

I love these. I may be borrowing this idea for my own family. We already have stockings, but don't have them with us this year.

10. Nicole November 2, 2009 at 9:55 am - Reply

These are absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait for the tutorial so I can make some for our new home and our new daughter :)

11. Cassie @ You Go Girl November 2, 2009 at 10:02 am - Reply

Love them, Amy. Sorry to hear about your dish washer. Dishpan hands are not attractive. LOL!

12. Crafty Mama November 2, 2009 at 10:14 am - Reply

Those are beautiful! I have been wanting to make my family stockings for awhile so I can't wait for your tutorial!!

And yes, what a smart girl you have! :-)

13. Trudi November 2, 2009 at 10:24 am - Reply

They're adorable! Happy Monday Amy!

14. Teodolinda November 2, 2009 at 10:29 am - Reply

Oh Oh your stockings are fantastics.
    ciao ciao

15. Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 10:30 am - Reply

your talent amazes me! they go together; yet at the same; they are traditional Christmas color; yet they look Christmasey! Got my floss and etc. for the color wheel; now I need to start! love you, Babe, Mom

16. Leslie November 2, 2009 at 10:39 am - Reply

these are amazing. they look so great.

17. Heather November 2, 2009 at 10:47 am - Reply

They look great – so much better than store bought.

18. Blue Is Bleu November 2, 2009 at 10:48 am - Reply

Beautiful! I love that everyone has their name on their stocking :)

19. mom November 2, 2009 at 10:50 am - Reply

Ohhh, Christmas stockings! Such a good reminder for me today as the one I made for my grandson last year got lost in the mail never to arrive. I should probably start on a new one for him NOW so it's ready in time for this Christmas.

Blesings,
    Tammy ~@~

20. Deborah November 2, 2009 at 10:59 am - Reply

nice and cheerful

21. Natalia November 2, 2009 at 11:21 am - Reply

I love your stockings and your tree skirt too! I made one from the same material:)

22. amylouwho November 2, 2009 at 11:35 am - Reply

These are great!! I love the star on top – and I love that you are going to post a tutorial.

23. angela November 2, 2009 at 11:50 am - Reply

Those are wonderful! Wish I wasn't nearly done with all the felted, knit stockings I started last year. I love wonky stars, and the way you mixed the fabrics makes each unique!

24. Casey November 2, 2009 at 12:08 pm - Reply

I love the fabrics you used for these stockings! I plan to make my family stockings this year too, they won't be as beautiful as yours though

25. Vicki November 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Those are so cute! I love that line of fabrics. I have got to get going on my girl's stocking.

26. Lis November 2, 2009 at 1:09 pm - Reply

They are delicious, unlike tonight's dinner so I'm glad we didn't swap recipes today :(

27. Cara November 2, 2009 at 1:41 pm - Reply

They look awesome. I've inally given up on cross stitching stockings so maybe I'll quilt some instead!

28. Sarah Pead November 2, 2009 at 1:43 pm - Reply

Love these!

29. Lara November 2, 2009 at 1:49 pm - Reply

Gorgeous stockings Amy! You'll have to post a pic of them hanging with goodies in them closer to Christmas!

Not sure where you want to put recipes for your recipe swap, but I've posted my first recipe here:

30. Robin November 2, 2009 at 1:52 pm - Reply

I swear, those are some of the best holiday fabrics ever! The colors are fabulous. And your stockings are gorgeous! :)

31. Robin (rsislandcrafts) November 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Gorgeous! My sister requested new stockings this year and I was debating on the style/pattern. I absolutely LOVE yours!

32. Lindsey November 2, 2009 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Hey friend, I haven't been here in a while, so hello!

So, do you make new stockings each year? I only have 2 stockings, my grandma embroidered both of them. One is so special that a few years ago when we nearly had to leave our home for the San Diego fires, I made sure to grab it!

33. Rene' November 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm - Reply

Great stockings. The fabrics are great. I especially like the coordinated lining. I agree the stars are perfect for stockings. Looking forward to seeing all the recipes tomorrow.

34. Sara November 2, 2009 at 3:33 pm - Reply

Very, very pretty Christmas stockings! I really like them…

35. Brenda November 2, 2009 at 3:49 pm - Reply

Those are great! We have a jumble of different looks going on in the way of Christmas stockings. I've been thinking of making new ones that are matching in some way.

36. ivoryspring November 2, 2009 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Hello Amy,

Thank you for visiting me and leaving the kind comment. Your Christmas stockings look so cute. I will be watching for your tutorial.

37. urbancrunch November 2, 2009 at 7:04 pm - Reply

Amy,
    I love these! Fantastic, great fabrics.
    -Jaclyn

38. Jackie November 2, 2009 at 7:09 pm - Reply

Fabulous stockings! Looking forward to the tutorial!

39. jlk November 2, 2009 at 8:05 pm - Reply

Those are so cute! I am looking forward to the tutorial :)

40. Sarah Lou November 2, 2009 at 8:08 pm - Reply

They are beautiful. I badly want to make some for my boys. These are so beautiful

41. Rebekah November 2, 2009 at 8:13 pm - Reply

Adorable! I love that they match but use different fabrics.

I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon again!

42. Emily November 2, 2009 at 9:57 pm - Reply

Love those striped fabrics on the inside!

43. Sonja♥ November 3, 2009 at 2:04 am - Reply

Hi hi
    Lot's of X-Mas Stockings!!!
    Santa Claus must be very busy when he comes at our house;)
    Marvellous

44. Diane November 3, 2009 at 5:55 am - Reply

I can't wait for the tutorial. I have been wanting to make some stockings for the grandkids for some time now. Your stockings are adorable.

45. sweetbabies00 November 3, 2009 at 11:04 am - Reply

Great Job! I love the stockings.

46. Ang November 3, 2009 at 12:58 pm - Reply

Beautiful job, Amy! Love the fabric.

47. Tricia Anne November 4, 2009 at 6:57 am - Reply

Oh I can't wait to see your tutorial for these adorable stockings. :o)

48. Dena November 5, 2009 at 11:48 am - Reply

Love your stockings. I used to make lots of Christmas stockings when the kids were little but I've only made a couple for the grandkids. Guess I should browse through my Christmas fabrics and make a few more. Thanks!

49. Jeanne November 6, 2009 at 12:42 pm - Reply

You've inspired me! My husband and I started out 33 years ago with just the 2 of us and now our family has grown to 11 (3 married children and 5 grandchildren).

We have been blessed each year so far to have everyone at our home on Christmas Eve! I hang stockings for all 11 of us but they are a mish-mash of pretty ones and ugly ones…all fairly cheap. NO QUILTED ONES!

So…I'm hoping to make (or at least start) pretty ones for this Christmas!

Thanks! Yours are darling!

50. Michelle November 10, 2009 at 1:45 pm - Reply