SewConnected & A Notion or Two

Good morning and happy Monday!

I got to work on my bee blocks for the month over the weekend. Some months are more challenging than others – but I love the diversity!

A Notion or 2 for Allyn
Allyn asked that we take the pieces that she cut and make these grandmother’s fans. While it wasn’t difficult, it was tedious, but I’m glad to have accomplished this more traditional block! Each square is roughly 6.5″ – I’ve left them for Allyn to trim, that way she can trim them the way she needs them :)

SewConnected - Dee
Dee is making a house quilt for her sewing room! So cute! You can see the collection of houses in our flickr group.

And if you are interested in getting involved in a quilting bee check the discussion group over here – someone always asks!

Time to get busy!
Blessings to you all ~
—————————————-
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:30+00:00 October 26th, 2009|Uncategorized|14 Comments

1. urbancrunch October 26, 2009 at 9:52 am - Reply

Love the little houses. They are on my to do list for sure!
    -Jaclyn

2. Dena October 26, 2009 at 11:22 am - Reply

I love the colors in the grandmother's fan blocks. Nice job!

3. mommymae October 26, 2009 at 11:46 am - Reply

these are great! the modern fabric on our fans make them seem so updated. i love crossing a traditional block with modern fabrics.

4. jaybird October 26, 2009 at 12:14 pm - Reply

i love how bees make you expand you skill set… i need to join one!

5. Star City Story October 26, 2009 at 12:20 pm - Reply

love the colors

6. Meg October 26, 2009 at 12:39 pm - Reply

Love the colors on the first one, and your house is so cute! I just love the pale pink background.

7. amylouwho October 26, 2009 at 2:36 pm - Reply

Your blocks for Allyn look fantastic!! I can't wait to see them all together! I need to get cracking on mine!

8. Lesly (aka Shadrach Meshach and Abednego) October 26, 2009 at 3:00 pm - Reply

Love the grandmother's fan! The colours really pop!

9. Amy October 26, 2009 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Your blocks for Allyn are great! I was really worried after I made the first one because I had the bits that needed trimmed off like yours, so I am glad I'm not the only one and that I did it right.
    I still need to finish mine, I got all the fan pieces pieced together for the rest of the blocks today, maybe tommorow I will tackle the rest!

Cute house block too!

10. Jackie October 26, 2009 at 5:10 pm - Reply

The blocks are beautiful! I have to say that I favor block one, just bright and bold.

11. Terriaw October 26, 2009 at 5:52 pm - Reply

These projects looking very challenging! How nice to have this diversity in sewing projects. Great job putting these together.

12. em's scrapbag October 27, 2009 at 11:50 am - Reply

Love all the color in the fans! And thanks for the info on bees. I've been wanting to be a part of one but didn't know how to go about it.

13. wishes, true and kind October 27, 2009 at 3:49 pm - Reply

I LOVE that grandmother's fan block.

14. amandajean October 28, 2009 at 12:17 pm - Reply

i like your blocks! those fans look like a lot of work, but worth it!