Sew & Tell

I spent Wednesday – sewing! I didn’t do any dishes, laundry or vacuuming until after 4:30pm! Yeah, the place was a disaster between the kids and all my threads, but I was smiling. As has happened often, I had an idea for a bag that was keeping me awake, needing to be made. So I got busy!My little Sassy Tote. It measures 9″ wide and tall, and 3″ deep. With 2 interior and 1 exterior pocket.
It holds all that I need it too, but hopefully I won’t loose stuff in it. Can you tell that’s been a problem lately!?
Pretty prints on the back — I love the Amy Butler Love prints!
I think my favorite feature is the outside pocket – I’m limiting my keys and phone to this pocket, so I can always find them.
And I have put together a pdf pattern for this bag! This weekend I am offering it for $3 right here via this paypal button at the top of my blog. (Go up to the top and click the “buy now” button.)

After the weekend it will go to $5 – so get it while it’s hot! I will email the pdf as quick as I can, and you can make a new bag this weekend.

Sew & Tell is happening over at Amy’s – go toot your horn and let us know what you got done this week!

I’m also thinking about Christmas, stockings and Advent calendar – anyone interested in a pattern for those?

I hope you have a great weekend, I think mine will be busy!
Blessings ~
—————————————-
Shop with Amy
Email me

Bookmark and Share

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:30+00:00 October 23rd, 2009|bag, finished project, sew-n-tell|37 Comments

1. Helen October 23, 2009 at 5:13 am - Reply

Amy you are so clever! The bag looks great, I am hopeless at making bags! LOL

2. Thimbleanna October 23, 2009 at 5:15 am - Reply

Very nice Amy! I can't wait to see Love up close and in person!

3. Terriaw October 23, 2009 at 5:28 am - Reply

Good for you for choosing sewing over chores! I bet it felt great too! Your new bag is gorgeous. I love the fabrics you put together, and yes, that outside pocket is awesome. (I have to have an outside pocket for keys too)

4. Rene' October 23, 2009 at 5:43 am - Reply

Your new bag is wonderful!! Great combination of big enough to hold everything but not so that you can't find stuff. Very important!! Like Helen (by her own admission), I am hopeless with making bags. Maybe I'll give this one a try. My "to make" list keeps growing and growing.

5. Molly October 23, 2009 at 6:04 am - Reply

Nice bag! The fabrics are gorgeous and I love all the pockets! I may have to treat myself to your pattern this weekend! :)

6. KQuiltyBee October 23, 2009 at 6:12 am - Reply

This is so close to something I was thinking of–now I can just follow your pattern instead of working it out myself–THANK YOU!

7. randi October 23, 2009 at 6:31 am - Reply

What a cute bag! That collection is just fantastic. Perfect colors!!

8. Marie October 23, 2009 at 6:47 am - Reply

Wonderful bag. I will buy from you the pattern so I can do it. Thanks

9. Anina October 23, 2009 at 7:07 am - Reply

Cute bag Amy!
    I'm planning a bunch of sewing today – after I clean the house or I'll never be able to tear myself away.

10. live a colorful life October 23, 2009 at 7:22 am - Reply

I really like the combination of fabrics. I need to order some of this fabric. Or wait, maybe I should just order the pattern and use up some of what I already have. Nah….I need to order some of this fabric. And the pattern.

I have spent the week organizing so I didn't get any sewing done. This weekend I plan to sew, even if I get nothing else done. Sounds like a good plan to me!

11. Erin October 23, 2009 at 8:14 am - Reply

I love this bag and can't wait to make it! But… when I click on the PayPal button to order, I get a security certificate error and cannot proceed with the order process. If you could email me the payment information, I'll send you the monies right away. :) Thanks for such a gorgeous design!

12. Amy - Park City Girl October 23, 2009 at 8:45 am - Reply

Erin I can't find an email for you! There's a button on my sidebar at the top. I had hoped that it would work in the post too, but it's not :( I hope you come back!

13. MomBrose October 23, 2009 at 8:57 am - Reply

I "love" it! :D I just decided last week to FINALLY ditch the diaper bag (gasp)! So I'm looking for a great bag that can still hold a few diapers and wipes (and a sippy cup). I haven't been able to find one that I like, so I think I may have to make it. I've made ballet bags for the girls but never a real purse for me. Any pointers?
    Also, working on stockings in the next couple weeks AND an advent calendar! Looks like we are on the same page! :D

14. Lesly (aka Shadrach Meshach and Abednego) October 23, 2009 at 9:15 am - Reply

A gorgeous bag in gorgeous fabrics!

15. debbiekl October 23, 2009 at 9:43 am - Reply

Just placed an order! I promised my friend I'd make her a purse for her 30th birthday. This would be perfect. Thanks!

16. em's scrapbag October 23, 2009 at 9:59 am - Reply

Very cute! Glad you let the housework wait.

17. Blue Is Bleu October 23, 2009 at 10:16 am - Reply

Very pretty! Such gorgeous prints… I'm still hoarding mine heehee!

18. Beth October 23, 2009 at 10:39 am - Reply

Amy this is a beautiful bag! What I love about it most is that you have put together fabrics that I never would have considered even trying together, and they some how work. My daughter is very artistic, and I can hardly wait to see what she thinks of your bag.

I admire your ability to juggle so many balls at one time, and still be artistically creative. The house can always wait, but if you are buried in a project when the kids get off the bus, how do clone yourself?

Maybe one day I will have enough skill to make one one of your designs.

God Bless You,
    Beth

19. Lara October 23, 2009 at 11:29 am - Reply

Love! We obviously have the same bag issues :) I think most women do!!!

Now… a Christmas stocking PDF?! And advent calendar?! Yes Please!!! I have been searching for a way to sew up Oliver's Shepherds Bush cross stitch stocking online. After it took 90 hours or so to stitch, I have been to blooming nervous to have a go! So I'd love to hear how to you do it!

20. Heather October 23, 2009 at 11:59 am - Reply

Very pretty! Love all the extra pockets! :o)

21. amylouwho October 23, 2009 at 1:03 pm - Reply

I LOVE IT!! you have great bag ideas! I put a key clip thingie in my bags so they have a home – they are tethered with ribbon in the side seam, it helps me not lose my keys (always a problem!)

I need to make some stockings so a pdf would be really helpful!

Thanks for linking up!
    xo

22. Dee October 23, 2009 at 3:12 pm - Reply

forget mugging you for your cash or credit cards…I'd knock ya over just for the bag! LOL

it's beautiful and oh so smartly organized!

thanks for sharing with us!

23. Jackie October 23, 2009 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Sometimes when you have an idea in your head, you just have to get to it and drop all that housework for another time. You did good! I love it, fantastic!

24. sherri@lavenderfields October 23, 2009 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Cute bag! Looks like a fun one to make. Hope you have a great week…Sherri : )

25. Kelli October 24, 2009 at 6:07 am - Reply

Gorgeous bag, Amy! I love the shape AND the luscious fabrics!

26. Erin October 24, 2009 at 7:07 am - Reply

Oh, sorry! I thought it would show up in my profile, but evidently not. Ok – sidebar button worked, yay! I'm really looking forward to it. :)

27. Miss Nancy October 24, 2009 at 7:49 am - Reply

Great, great bag, just the right size. Thanks for sharing and I did order one.

28. julieQ October 24, 2009 at 7:49 am - Reply

I like it, I like it! I too have a problem losing stuff in the bottom of the bag…hmmmm

29. ktquilts October 24, 2009 at 8:30 am - Reply

I bet the household chores were waiting patiently on you!! Drat, why can't they disappear when you aren't looking?
    Great bag!!!

Blessings,

KT

30. Casey October 25, 2009 at 2:29 am - Reply

Beautiful. I love the prints.

31. crazy4mycrafts October 25, 2009 at 9:16 am - Reply

I love the bag! Very nice! And the fabrics are great!

32. Tipper October 25, 2009 at 12:03 pm - Reply

Pretty bag!

33. Jean October 25, 2009 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Very cute bag, Amy!

34. Leslie October 26, 2009 at 9:19 am - Reply

Cute bag! glad you are doing the pdf download for it! we were gone out camping/hunting so I missed your sale but please do more pattern downloads, love those!
    Have a great day!

35. Michelle October 26, 2009 at 5:07 pm - Reply

Cute, cute, cute….adorable, nice job, love the pocket.

36. Michelle October 27, 2009 at 11:40 pm - Reply

Love it! Aren't outside pockets grand?

37. Rebekah October 28, 2009 at 10:07 am - Reply

very cute! I love the fabrics that you used for this and the pockets look so resourceful