SewConnected & A Notion or Two

While not fully well, I do feel much better than I did last night when I wrote my last post. Thanks for the get well wishes! We woke to frost this morning, just as the calendar says it is fall – overnight! Time to hide the shorts from the kids, so they don’t freeze and take stock of the pants and long sleeves, to plan a shopping trip. Not the worst thing in the world :)

SewConnected Block for AmandaJean
September - AmandaJean.
Have you seen this quilt? Or the beginning over here? It’s such a fun group project, I had a blast making this block! AmandaJean sent us the white and asked that we use scraps for the tiny house.

A Notion or Two Block for Lolly
September - Lolly
Lolly and her mom have been working together for the bee blocks this year, and so Lolly’s quilt will be her mom’s really, but there’s lots of Lolly in it! The center square is a spoonflower print that Lolly created, and then she asked that we applique a pear to the log cabin block as well.

I’m looking forward to seeing both of these quilts come together!

Right now I need to clean up a bit around here and hopefully I will be well enough to get some quilting done tomorrow :)

Blessings ~

—————————————-

Shop with Amy
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:03+00:00 September 22nd, 2009|a Notion or Two, SewConnected|16 Comments

1. amylouwho September 22, 2009 at 4:23 pm - Reply

SO cute! I love your double pink border!

Those little houses are cute too. so many quilts, so little time. (and money for all the required fabric!)

2. Beth September 22, 2009 at 4:54 pm - Reply

I love the pear! Well, truth be told, I love the entire block. You did a GREAT job!

3. Nedra September 22, 2009 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Amy- I googled Ingrid Press, but can't seem to see anywhere the pattern is in print. Where did you get it? Do you know if the pattern is available for purchase?

4. Blue Is Bleu September 22, 2009 at 5:03 pm - Reply

The blocks are absolutely gorgeous! The little house quilt is possibly the cutest thing I've seen in a while :)

5. Jackie September 22, 2009 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Beautiful blocks! I am sure they will be wonderful together.

6. Terriaw September 22, 2009 at 7:27 pm - Reply

Isn't it amazing how quickly that frost comes? We aren't there yet, but had a couple close calls earlier in September. Very cute blocks!

7. randi September 22, 2009 at 9:14 pm - Reply

I am loving that pear block. Too cute!

We woke up to cold this morning too. I actually had to turn on the heater! Brrr!

8. Quilts on Bastings September 23, 2009 at 2:58 am - Reply

It is Spring here – just starting to warm up.. I love your tiny house, just gorgeous.

9. Andrea, the collector September 23, 2009 at 5:14 am - Reply

Those houses are so cute!

10. Thimbleanna September 23, 2009 at 6:29 am - Reply

Great blocks Amy! That second one is SO Lolly!!! And the houses are adorable — Amandajeans wonky houses have inspired lots of us!

11. jacquie September 23, 2009 at 7:20 am - Reply

hope you're staying well…love these blocks, but especially your house. those houses are totally addicting.

12. em's scrapbag September 23, 2009 at 10:42 am - Reply

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Love AmandaJean's block. I can't wait to see the quilt. I feel in love with it when I saw it on flickr. The pear on the log cabin is adorable.

13. Tipper September 23, 2009 at 11:34 am - Reply

Pretty blocks! Sorry you've been feeling bad-hopefully you'll be back to normal fast!!

14. sewtakeahike September 23, 2009 at 9:42 pm - Reply

I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better Amy! Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!

15. Rebekah September 24, 2009 at 7:45 am - Reply

cute blocks! your pear applique is adorable1

16. amandajean September 28, 2009 at 8:53 am - Reply

i LOVE my little house!!! and that pear on the second block is wonderful, too!