Sew-n-Tell

I can hardly believe that it’s Friday again – this week has been fast and slow all at the same time! Sew-n-tell is organized by ms. Amylouwho and all are invited to participate – yes even YOU :)

Remember those Panache fabrics? Last Friday I cut them up, and started putting them back together — the end result — a quilt top for my sister!

Natalie's Quilt Top

A peek at the details –

Natalie's Quilt Top

And my helpers –

Natalie's Quilt Top

Looks nice and sunny out, but just a few hours later we had this – he’s pointing at the lightening he just saw, and was about to run into my lap for the thunder. Poor boy – still gets to him.

However by bedtime (for the kids) we were rewarded with this beautiful sunset.
Really pretty, and more beautiful in person. I hope you have a great weekend! We are having friends over tonight, and I hope to baste this quilt top, probably tomorrow, and get started on finishing it.

Blessings –
—————————————-

Shop with Amy
Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:03+00:00 September 18th, 2009|sew-n-tell, work in progress|35 Comments

1. Leslie September 18, 2009 at 7:53 am - Reply

wow that quilt top is huge and absolutely gorgeous!!!! i love the colors.

2. allsewnup September 18, 2009 at 7:58 am - Reply

That is one fabulous quilt, your sister will treasure.

;o)
    Carolyn

3. Staci K. September 18, 2009 at 8:02 am - Reply

Beautiful quilt! you photo of the sunset reminds me of the saying my Nana always used to say, "Red sky at night – sailor's delight. Red sky in morning – sailor's take warning".

4. Andrea, the collector September 18, 2009 at 8:05 am - Reply

Congrats on this fun quilt. (p.s. I'd carry around that cute hexagon quilt too. It's great!)

5. Jenn September 18, 2009 at 8:05 am - Reply

My daughter is 21 and STILL gets scared at thunderstorms! Beautiful pictures – quilt and sunset!!

6. Rebekah September 18, 2009 at 8:07 am - Reply

what a pretty top! I love the fabrics your sister chose

7. amylouwho September 18, 2009 at 8:13 am - Reply

I love that quilt! And such fun fabric. And the little details. Perfect!

and yes, nice sunset!

8. Purple Quilter Queen September 18, 2009 at 8:22 am - Reply

Love it! I bet using big blocks made it come together rather quickly. I love fast projects. Nice job Amy! Jenn

9. Natalia September 18, 2009 at 8:47 am - Reply

I love the top!

10. Natalie September 18, 2009 at 9:05 am - Reply

oh yay! it looks so good, thank you!

11. SaraRules September 18, 2009 at 9:11 am - Reply

What a cute top! I love the fabrics! And such a cute but simple pinwheel design. :) Go you!

12. Cassie @ You Go Girl September 18, 2009 at 9:17 am - Reply

Lucky sister! Can't wait to see how you quilt it. Have a great weekend, Amy.

Cassie

13. Jackie Russell September 18, 2009 at 9:38 am - Reply

I love the quilt! You have one lucky sister.

14. Kandra September 18, 2009 at 10:20 am - Reply

I love this! Just curious, but do you have a pattern for it? Would love to work this up for my mom :)

15. Trudi September 18, 2009 at 11:10 am - Reply

What a great quilt, good luck with the basting and quilting. Have a great evening! Thanks for sharing!

16. Kelly O. September 18, 2009 at 11:11 am - Reply

I am seriously coveting just an ounce of your talent! that quilt is fab!

17. Melody September 18, 2009 at 11:12 am - Reply

It is beautiful!

18. Blue Is Bleu September 18, 2009 at 11:14 am - Reply

Beautiful quilt top!!! I'm sure your sister will love it! The sunset is so beautiful… no matter how many I see, it still takes my breath away :)

19. Dee September 18, 2009 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Everything about this post, from the quilt to the very end, is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

20. roseylittlethings September 18, 2009 at 1:20 pm - Reply

Love it, what a cool pattern! I actually sewed this week just did not get any photos because it has been so dark and dreary! Have a great weekend!

21. Lora September 18, 2009 at 3:06 pm - Reply

i love that sunset picture. gorgeous!

22. Leslie Herbert September 18, 2009 at 4:38 pm - Reply

I LOVE your quilt, it's so big! I just bought some of that line of fabric, now you have me re thinking what I want to use it for!

23. Tipper September 18, 2009 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I'd say your Sister is very lucky-and your helpers are cutie pies!

24. Andrea September 18, 2009 at 5:17 pm - Reply

It's lovely!! I really like how the blocks are kind of optical illusional…there's big blocks, blocks within blocks, etc.

So…how are you going to quilt it? ;-)

25. Terriaw September 19, 2009 at 8:42 am - Reply

What a beautiful sunset! It's hard to capture those colors with a camera. You are making great progress on that quilt. Your sister must be so excited!

26. Janis September 20, 2009 at 6:04 am - Reply

How do you get so much gorgeous work accomplished in the midst of your busy life, girl?! Love the quilt top and the sunset.

27. amandajean September 20, 2009 at 7:01 am - Reply

What a great quilt top! Those blocks look huge…..how big are they?

28. Quiltblocktour September 20, 2009 at 8:18 am - Reply

The quilt top looks wonderful. It is a very intriguing pattern the way it looks intertwined from a distance. The fabric colors are in fact my favorite part of it. Are your little helpers learning to quilt? Thanks for sharing your work!

-Katie

29. Kim D. September 21, 2009 at 12:51 am - Reply

Great Job on the quilt Amy. Your sis is going to love it.

30. Thimbleanna September 21, 2009 at 7:00 am - Reply

Wow — it's looking great Amy! I love the pic with the kids — gives some perspective on how big it is — your sister will love it!!!

31. Michelle September 21, 2009 at 9:38 am - Reply

A great quilt and wonderful helpers!

32. Miri September 22, 2009 at 12:44 pm - Reply

Cute quilt-great fabrics! Love how you showcased them!

33. Anonymous September 22, 2009 at 10:44 pm - Reply

love the quilt; the babies are cuter! Decided what I want for my quilt…someday; creamy white squares with a quilted design inside of them individually? Then borders around each square of some beautiful fabrics; I'll have to start looking! Love you, Hon, Mom

34. sewtakeahike September 23, 2009 at 9:44 pm - Reply

You did a fantastic job on this quilt Amy! I love thos fabrics, I have some of the fruit slices on the way from Hancocks as we speak!

35. Purple Paisley Patch October 7, 2009 at 3:53 am - Reply

Gorgeous quilt, well done! I love pinwheels and this pattern is fabulous, could you please tell me what the pattern is?
    Thanks, Kelly :-)