Doll Quilt Received!

I’ve had the best round with Doll Quilt Swap! I love making little quilts for people and of course the payoff is a new quilt for me. For those that don’t know, DQS is a secret swap, you never know who is sending a quilt your way! The fun is watching all the beautiful quilts added to the pool over the course of the 2 months. Some finish fast and others are still sewing at the deadline, so there is always something new to see! I love to leave comments as adorable quilts are posted, but rarely allow myself to believe that it could be for me.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I opened the mailbox and found a package from Australia, containing this gem

Doll Quilt Swap Received!!

Nicole of Craftapalooza, has been stalking around here getting to know me, and made this just for me! Each petal of the flower is about 3/4″ across, and the flowers are not quite 2 1/2″ total. Adorable, little details in each flower too! And this is something that I have yet to even try for myself. Joe thinks I’m a little strange carrying it around and running my hand over the flowers – they are just too beautiful!

+ a few extras :)

She included some great little extras too! Thanks again Nicole – I love it :) Just what I needed yesterday too – I was going on little sleep and feeling a bit down after spending the afternoon cleaning. Thankfully Emmalie has been 24+ hours without incident and at kindergarten this morning!!

Blessings –

—————————————-

Shop with Amy
Email me

By | 2017-11-17T09:14:38+00:00 September 17th, 2009|Doll Quilt Swap|24 Comments

1. MomBrose September 17, 2009 at 9:58 am - Reply

Oh it's beautiful! What a clever girl to do a color wheel inspired quilt! :)
    Glad the kiddos are on the mend too!! :D

2. Purple Quilter Queen September 17, 2009 at 10:12 am - Reply

So cute! I love the progression of colors. I had no idea they were so tiny! That pattern is one of my "mindless watching tv" patterns. So cool coming from so far away too. Glad little Miss Emmalie is feeling better. Take care! Jenn

3. synnove75 September 17, 2009 at 10:36 am - Reply

Wow lucky you! The quilt is beautiful, I love the colors:-)
    I have been following your blog for some time, I like the things you make! Lovely colors and fabrics:-)
    Hugs from Synnoeve in Norway:-)

4. roseylittlethings September 17, 2009 at 12:05 pm - Reply

It is amazing! lucky you!

5. Sara September 17, 2009 at 1:50 pm - Reply

Very pretty little quilt…I have been watching these quilts – and I gotta say – there is some talent out there…

6. Blue Is Bleu September 17, 2009 at 3:00 pm - Reply

That's so beautiful!!! Wonderful surprise :)

7. Mary on Lake Pulaski September 17, 2009 at 4:58 pm - Reply

You received such a sweet quilt Amy!

8. Terriaw September 17, 2009 at 6:08 pm - Reply

Wow, this mini is very cool! How fun to have a swap partner from another country.

9. craftapalooza September 17, 2009 at 6:21 pm - Reply

hey Amy! Sweet post. I had a blast lurking. So glad you like it, it's not perfect :) but it was a blast to make and fussy cut some of the patterns. There's a mix of vintage, new, liberty tana lawn and oop prints. Glad it lifted you!! Hope your little one stays well. x

10. wishes, true and kind September 17, 2009 at 7:04 pm - Reply

I haven't participated in the DQS, but it has been such fun to see how creative everyone is. What a sweet little quilt you got!

11. Sarah Pead September 17, 2009 at 7:49 pm - Reply

Love this! It's so intricate and beautiful.

12. allsewnup September 17, 2009 at 8:10 pm - Reply

That is so fun, I'm diggin' the colour choices ;o)

Carolyn*

13. Sew It Up! September 17, 2009 at 8:15 pm - Reply

That is so pretty! I'm hoping I can join the next round.

14. Thimbleanna September 17, 2009 at 8:57 pm - Reply

Wow — that's an amazing little quilt Amy. I'm so happy you had a wonderful swap — you deserve it!!!

15. Leslie September 17, 2009 at 8:59 pm - Reply

this is a super adorable little quilt!!! Lucky you!!!

16. comfortstitching September 18, 2009 at 4:51 am - Reply

Such a truly cute quilt!!! Lucky you!

17. Rebekah September 18, 2009 at 8:08 am - Reply

What a beautiful quilt! This was one of my faves from the group…you're lucky to have received it :)

18. SewAmy September 18, 2009 at 12:35 pm - Reply

It's beautiful.

19. Tipper September 18, 2009 at 4:38 pm - Reply

I love it-reminds me of Little House for some reason : )

20. RED PEPPER QUILTS September 18, 2009 at 11:41 pm - Reply

So sweet! Lovely little quilt!

Rita

21. amandajean September 20, 2009 at 6:57 am - Reply

What a beautiful doll quilt! I'd be carrying it all over, too. :)

22. jaybird September 20, 2009 at 7:45 am - Reply

so cute!! i'm working with hexagons at the moment right now… weird!!

23. Kim D. September 21, 2009 at 12:49 am - Reply

Adorable Quilt.. So bright and cheerful, I bet it brightened your day..

24. Stephanie September 28, 2009 at 5:20 am - Reply