Sew-n-Tell

Happy Friday! My friend Amy and I decided to save up our finished projects for a Friday reveal – she has a Mr. Linky up for you to join in and share your finishes with the rest of us too!

Not that I would have been able to post anything earlier! We have had a busy week getting ready for school . . . well child checks, immunizations, school shopping and trying to sleep and sew a bit too :)

My first finish is the sample bag for my LQS – Seasons of the Home – I should have taken a picture of it hanging with my pattern at the shop when I dropped it off today. Next time! I had the kids with me and we were on our way to the outlets for new shoes :)
The fabric line is Lily Pond by In The Beginning – It’s cute and really soft!

With the extra backing/binding fabric from my zig-zag quilt I made a quick skirt for Ella. Great fit with no need to alter it for her! It goes past her knee too, so it will fit for a while – hopefully :)
Hem detail — This skirt was so fast! I could have been done in an hour, if I had elastic on hand (never), I used princess seams to hide all the unfinished bits and the hem is a band added with princess seams, and top stitiching to finish it off nicely. Maybe a tutorial is in order – what do you think?

Finally – A Notion Or Two blocks for Sarah! I managed to squeak out 6 blocks from the fabric that she sent –
Aren’t they fun!? 6″ squares using 1 – 1 1/2 ” strips – can’t wait to see this one come together.

So now it’s your turn to sew-n-tell! Visit Amy and link to your recent finish, and maybe just maybe we can all be motivated to finish more together next week!

I still have a mega to-do list that needs to get cleaned up, not sure how the weekend will go, but I’m hopeful :)

—————————————-

Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:05+00:00 August 28th, 2009|a Notion or Two, bag, sew-n-tell|30 Comments

1. Fiesta August 28, 2009 at 4:28 am - Reply

Lovely things on your blog Amy.

2. Jenny August 28, 2009 at 4:40 am - Reply

Really love those string blocks.

3. Trudi August 28, 2009 at 5:01 am - Reply

Some great finishes Amy! Love the bag and those blocks. I'm not finishing anything at the moment :-( still recovering from surgery – but soon I hope. Have a great weekend!

4. Jackie August 28, 2009 at 5:28 am - Reply

Love them all! But I have to say the blocks are just my colors and remind me of my "Fabulous" quilt.

5. Kandra August 28, 2009 at 5:28 am - Reply

Those blocks are so great! She had some great choices for fabric.

I seriously think you need a tutorial for the skirt :D My daughter would love one.

6. Terriaw August 28, 2009 at 6:08 am - Reply

Looks like you have had a busy week with lots of fun projects. What a great way to share your accomplishments from your to do list. I am really digging those string -pieced blocks! Oh yeah, I don't know how to make a princess seam, so would love to learn.

7. mom August 28, 2009 at 7:10 am - Reply

I am loving those 6"strip blocks! I really want to try this as I think it would make such a fun quilt :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

8. roseylittlethings August 28, 2009 at 7:35 am - Reply

Great projects! I especially love the string blocks, I am so dieing to make some. Not allowing myself to start any new projects until we get moved.

9. amylouwho August 28, 2009 at 7:38 am - Reply

You've put me to shame! Me and my measley pillow. But hey – I got one thing done! I love your bag, I want to make the skirt and I need to see if I can squeak out 2 more blocks too!

10. STEPHANIE. August 28, 2009 at 8:03 am - Reply

darling skirt. :)

11. Cheryl Arkison August 28, 2009 at 8:04 am - Reply

A tutorial would certainly help me know what a princess seam is!

12. Jackie Russell August 28, 2009 at 8:37 am - Reply

A tutorial is always in order. Cute skirt and I love the colors in the blocks.

13. Lee August 28, 2009 at 9:02 am - Reply

would love a tutorial on the making of this skirt. What is a princess seam?

14. Sheree August 28, 2009 at 11:47 am - Reply

Everything is just lovely, Amy!!!!!! My kids went back to school on Monday…what a week! Good luck getting the last things done before your kids head back.

Hugs,
    Sheree

15. em's scrapbag August 28, 2009 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Love the bag. Those fabrics are great! Ella must love the skirt it is adorable. And the string blocks are absolutely fun.

16. kwiltmakr August 28, 2009 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Cute bag, cute skirt and I love the blocks. That fabric is great.

17. Mindy August 28, 2009 at 11:07 pm - Reply

Not sure I'll ever have anything to "sew and tell", but I love Ella's skirt, especially the seaming!

18. peaknits August 29, 2009 at 10:03 am - Reply

What a great idea and a great way to motivate people to get some FO's:) I looked at them all – how fun! I am "this" close to getting the binding on my ORBC zigzag – which is probably a good thing since you are handing off the baton on Tuesday:) Thanks for your guidance!!

19. Kristen August 29, 2009 at 1:36 pm - Reply

so pretty!!

20. trisha too August 29, 2009 at 2:18 pm - Reply

wonderful things you have made!! all the fabric is SOOO pretty . . .

21. trisha too August 29, 2009 at 2:18 pm - Reply

oh my gosh, i sound like Yoda.

*sigh*

22. Lynne S of Oz August 29, 2009 at 8:11 pm - Reply

Nice projects! I like the blocks :-)

23. Jenn August 30, 2009 at 7:03 am - Reply

I'm really enjoying this pink/orange/peachy/salmon phase you seem to be in now….at least with quilts….SO PRETTY!!! You make me want to run to my sewing room and get started on something new!

24. Sew It Up! August 30, 2009 at 7:49 am - Reply

What a cute skirt. My daughter loves these types as long as they go below her knees. I'm looking forward to see what those blocks will look like when you piece them all together.

25. Tipper August 30, 2009 at 7:54 am - Reply

Love love the skirt!

26. free indeed August 30, 2009 at 1:58 pm - Reply

Well, a tute on princess seams perhaps? I never heard of that before….
    I am still slowly plugging away at the zigzag quilt…I didn't quit….I'm working on all the hsts right now. I will post to flker once I get the top done..if the site is still open for postings.

27. Rebekah August 31, 2009 at 8:55 am - Reply

the string blocks are so cute! I would love to make a string quilt one day, but the ironing is holding me back :)

28. Thimbleanna September 1, 2009 at 7:05 am - Reply

Great projects Amy! Love the pretty bag and the topstitching on the skirt is adorable — perfect for your little sweetie!

29. amandajean September 1, 2009 at 10:34 am - Reply

that is a cute skirt! and i love those string blocks, too. six blocks for a bee! wow…you and john…can not be stopped! :)

30. WendyLou September 12, 2009 at 8:51 pm - Reply

Ummmm … yeah. Definitely a tutorial!! 'Cause I'm wondering what a princess seam is ;-) And I LOVE the idea of topstitching at the seam. May have to use that one tomorrow …