Getting There

Hi there! Just a quick post to check in with all of you. This has been one of those weeks – you know the kind. When nothing is normal, and finding motivation is a challenge. Little Sophia seems to have a flu bug, and is currently asleep on the couch. I’m praying that it doesn’t spread – say a little prayer for me too – k?

Yesterday I finished up my DQS7 quilt top – I really like it! Now to decide how to quilt.

Also from the list, the sample bag is half complete, and I’m half way around Sophia’s quilt binding. I think I will go sit for a bit more with it now.

Many blessings to you today ~
—————————————-

Email me

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:05+00:00 August 20th, 2009|Doll Quilt Swap, work in progress|24 Comments

1. Purple Quilter Queen August 20, 2009 at 2:55 pm - Reply

Hope you little one is better soon and doesn't get the other 3 sick. Your quilt is beautiful. I love how the white just makes all the colors pop! Jenn

2. Vicki August 20, 2009 at 3:04 pm - Reply

What a pretty quilt! I really like it. hope your girl feels better soon.

3. RED PEPPER QUILTS August 20, 2009 at 3:45 pm - Reply

What a lovely quilt top. Very modern and fresh! Blessing to you and all of your family.

Rita

4. Terriaw August 20, 2009 at 4:35 pm - Reply

That doll quilt is adorable! Can't wait to see how you end up quilting it. I still can't figure out what to make for my partner in the summertime mini quilt swap. I will get inspired one of these days!

5. Cassie @ You Go Girl August 20, 2009 at 4:59 pm - Reply

The flu bug has been here. No FUN! Praying for good health for the rest of your family and speedy recovery for Sophia~ Cassie

6. sewtakeahike August 20, 2009 at 5:38 pm - Reply

I just love that pattern Amy, and your fabric choices are just amazing!

7. Jackie August 20, 2009 at 7:26 pm - Reply

Very, very cute!

8. Danielle August 20, 2009 at 8:19 pm - Reply

So cute! I love anything made with Swanky! It's one of my favorites from Moda! Well, I love all of Moda's fabrics, but I REALLY love that one.

9. Emma August 20, 2009 at 8:54 pm - Reply

Great quilt, I love the fabric range you used!

10. Socal August 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm - Reply

girl! I love being able to read your posts each day. I find all my joy about you through your blog. Don't stop! I LOVE YOU!

11. Mel August 20, 2009 at 11:38 pm - Reply

I love the fabrics with the crisp white!

Can't wait to see how you will quilt it!

12. Jenn August 21, 2009 at 6:09 am - Reply

This quilt and all the colors you chose is really beautiful! Where did you get the pattern? I would LOVE to make one!

13. foodmathquilts August 21, 2009 at 7:32 am - Reply

I love the quilt! I'm actually working on a doll quilt today too … hopeing to join in on the next swap.
    My favourite part is how you set the blocks, very creative and it really makes the pattern special.
    Sarah

14. Jackie Russell August 21, 2009 at 8:52 am - Reply

Love the doll quilt. Hope the little one is feeling better soon.

15. Cristin August 21, 2009 at 12:06 pm - Reply

I'll be praying that nasty flu bug doesn't spread! No fun at all!

And that is a GORGEOUS quilt top! Is it a pattern you're following? I really love it!

16. amy smart August 21, 2009 at 12:13 pm - Reply

So pretty, Amy! I love the colors.

Good luck with a sick little one. I always hate the dread of everyone getting sick. A lot of the time they don't, so here's hoping! (And praying!) Good luck!

17. Thimbleanna August 21, 2009 at 3:04 pm - Reply

Sorry to hear about Sophia. At least it looks like you're getting some pretty quilting done while tending to her!

18. kwiltmakr August 21, 2009 at 7:07 pm - Reply

I too have had one of those weeks. I like the blocks in your quilt. I made that block up once in a quilt and loved it. It sure works up quick. Hope your daughter is better soon.

19. Mary on Lake Pulaski August 21, 2009 at 7:10 pm - Reply

The doll quilt is just adorable Amy! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

20. Rita August 22, 2009 at 3:46 am - Reply

The quilt top is awesome. Do you have more design like this?

RITA

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

21. acecraig100 August 22, 2009 at 8:07 pm - Reply

Very cute! Love the colors.

22. amylouwho August 23, 2009 at 12:33 pm - Reply

That's the kind of week I had, which explains why i am just now commenting on this post. Hope it got better! Mine did! :)

23. Rebekah August 24, 2009 at 11:51 am - Reply

this quilt is gorgeous! I've got my DSQ7 quilt basted and ready to be quilted and bound tonight…this swap has been so much fun

24. Sheree August 28, 2009 at 11:44 am - Reply