My Girlie Girls :)

I got my top done and haven’t touched my machine since! My mind is full of projects, but the sun has finally been shining. Today was a full day with the kiddos, running errands and gardening/weeding! It’s crazy how fast those things grow :/

Ella and I spent some time playing Scrabble while Owen napped and the little girls entertained themselves – Ella’s a great speller, and Scrabble is a great way to reinforce it!
Sophia ended up watching us, she seemed to want to chat while I was trying to come up with a word :)
Today Ella and Emmalie got haircuts! Both have been ready for a while, but I wanted to make sure they were certain, before heading to the salon. At 5 and 9 these things change quickly :)

Aren’t they cute!?
I’m hoping that Em’s hair will thicken up a bit more, but I am so glad that she still has some curls.
Ella has been tired of all the knots and constant brushing/pony tales, thankfully she decided to not cut bangs! They are so much to keep up with :)

I thought Sophia would want a haircut too but when it was mentioned, it was as if she had been told she was going to get shots! She had fun watching the girls be transformed with their haircuts, and her cut will have to wait until she’s ready.

Owen’s always around – causing more and more trouble it seems! His birthday is over the weekend – summer solstice – entering the terrible two’s right on schedule too :)
———————————

I’ve been looking at the Kona Cottons over here for my quilt backing. I’m determined to get it done and not avoid it, which would be easy since it’s so big! Hopefully I can gather my supplies, and courage, over the next week :)

Blessings ~

—————————————-

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:06+00:00 June 18th, 2009|My kids|36 Comments

1. Zarina June 19, 2009 at 12:13 am - Reply

maybe sophia wants her sis to win. I know what you mean girls having their own mind. I wanted to make a few tops for my 5-yr old niece. I needed to borrow one for awhile but NO. I told her I will be making one of this for her but I guess she does not understand fully. Anyway that is solved – just take measurements and order online for patterns. Just need to clear a bit my credit so that I can use it for the purchase – saves me the shipping which is very good.

2. Zarina June 19, 2009 at 12:15 am - Reply

That top. In my mind is a blouse – see where my crafty mind is heading even though there are three quilts top ongoing and need to make another four.

3. CABean03 June 19, 2009 at 1:21 am - Reply

The haircuts are very cute – can't believe I'll have to be dealing with that one day now that we have a girl! :) I love Scrabble and can't wait to play it with my kiddos one day.

4. Jessica June 19, 2009 at 4:03 am - Reply

Scrabble is the best! I also need to get some backing for a couple of half finished quilts…hopefully motivation (and time) will find their way to me!

5. Sharon June 19, 2009 at 4:34 am - Reply

Their hair is adorable! :)

Scrabble – would you believe I have NEVER played?!? Blasphemous, I know! But I think I should start. My 6 year old is entering 2nd grade and I think she would enjoy it!

6. Michelle June 19, 2009 at 5:40 am - Reply

You have such beautiful children. I a waiting for summer holidays here, so I can have some time with mine. They grow up so fast.

7. Allie June 19, 2009 at 5:42 am - Reply

Your girls are so beautiful, I love their haircuts! I really like that braid.
    Remember, your quilt is just a quilt – show it who's boss – the first sleep under it will be worth it!

8. Cheryl June 19, 2009 at 5:59 am - Reply

Cute girls! I can't wait until mine can play Scrabble. Maybe we can give it a shot this summer.

9. Thimbleanna June 19, 2009 at 6:17 am - Reply

Very cute girls Amy. Looks like you're all having a wonderful summer so far!

10. SandyB June 19, 2009 at 6:36 am - Reply

Your girls are simply adorable! You must be awefully proud!

11. Mimi June 19, 2009 at 6:56 am - Reply

Your children are darling! Don't blink too long or these days will just be a memory…it's so hard to believe how fast they grow!

Thanks for sharing stories and pictures.

Hugs

12. Purple Quilter Queen June 19, 2009 at 7:52 am - Reply

Cute cuts on the kiddo's!

13. Purple Quilter Queen June 19, 2009 at 7:52 am - Reply

Cute cuts on the kiddo's!

14. Purple Quilter Queen June 19, 2009 at 7:52 am - Reply

Cute cuts on the kiddo's!

15. Purple Quilter Queen June 19, 2009 at 7:52 am - Reply

Cute cuts on the kiddo's!

16. Purple Quilter Queen June 19, 2009 at 7:52 am - Reply

Cute cuts on the kiddo's!

17. kwiltmakr June 19, 2009 at 8:46 am - Reply

Your children are beautiful and I like their new hair cuts.

18. MomBrose June 19, 2009 at 9:06 am - Reply

Cute haircuts! I just gave Bailey once since her hair was becoming a bit too "mullet" like :D
    Ok, so how do you do a backing for a king size quilt? Is there any fabric that wide or do you have to piece it? I am working on a quilt for our bed and planned on just using a cal king sheet for the backing….
    Just wonderin…..

19. I Love Baby Quilts! June 19, 2009 at 9:06 am - Reply

They look great!

20. roseylittlethings June 19, 2009 at 9:53 am - Reply

girls hair looks adorable! I am trying to figure out what to back the monster quilt with still, bought batting and it was queen and too small so I used it for a quilt I needed to back, so still need batting!

21. Marrdy June 19, 2009 at 10:49 am - Reply

Cute haircuts and ANOTHER beautiful day in Utah just before the rain comes again!! Love the sunshine.

22. amandajean June 19, 2009 at 12:37 pm - Reply

my boys and i have been playing scrabble and upwords. good for building their spelling and vocabulary skills, too. good luck with the quilt!

23. Mary on Lake Pulaski June 19, 2009 at 12:48 pm - Reply

Love the haircuts! I still remember Nathan's terrible two's and he's 31 now! Keep up with the Scrabble – my daughter and I still play every day – online because she is 1800 miles away! You can finish the big quilt, just need to get started. I sent mine off the be quilted :).

24. audreypawdrey June 19, 2009 at 12:49 pm - Reply

Cute haircuts! I do love scrabble, too.:)

25. Barbara Strobel Lardon June 19, 2009 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Beautiful Girls! You are very lucky!

26. Jaimie June 19, 2009 at 2:30 pm - Reply

Wow, that is a HUGE quilt top!! Great job! Amazing! Love the pictures of the girls too :) Sounds like Jaden and Owen hit the terrible two's right on schedule together (Jaden hit is 1 week before his 2nd birthday!) :) Hang in there!

27. Jean June 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm - Reply

I love to play scrabble too…cute girls and nice haircuts.

28. Rebekah June 19, 2009 at 7:32 pm - Reply

cute haircuts! Sometimes it's nice to take a little crafting break, isn't it? :)

29. Victoria June 19, 2009 at 9:50 pm - Reply

What a couple of cutie-pies you have! Enjoy those summer days playing scrabble… I've actually been doing the same with my girls!

30. Kelly@ Charming Chatter June 20, 2009 at 5:34 am - Reply

Your girls are too cute! And, with 3 older sisters, Owen has to cause just a bit of trouble (giggle)! Happy Birthday to your little one! Now, you know that I'd put that quilt off — for a year or so, but I have faith in you! You can do it (and, we're all anxious to see the finished product)!

31. tara June 20, 2009 at 6:25 am - Reply

Cute haircuts. My eldest wants to cut her hair into a short bob and I am dragging my feet. It would be easier to care for though.

32. Tipper June 20, 2009 at 11:46 am - Reply

Your girls are so pretty. I like the new hair cuts : )

33. Ang June 20, 2009 at 1:08 pm - Reply

Your girls are too cute! Thanks for sharing. Love the haircuts!

34. susan June 20, 2009 at 8:06 pm - Reply

cute hair cuts! your top is so huge!it looks great

35. Kristina June 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm - Reply

what sweet little girls:) Kona cottons are great quilt backs, very reasonable too!

36. Janis June 23, 2009 at 5:48 am - Reply

Pretty girls, pretty pictures. You do so well — all around!!!