Freshcut Pincushion

I took this –

and made it this –
So fun! I love Dresden plate ruler/template thingy! Takes all the mystery out of them :) If you look back at this post I have more information about it, and the pattern I used for the pincushion.

ETA: the link to the pattern is here! I didn’t realize it was hiding :)

My Wonderland fabric just keeps on giving! I promise I didn’t buy that much – just love using up all the little bits :)

This is what Emmalie was working on while I sewed – “I’m organizing for you!” she tells me. I understand where the anal/perfectionist comes from, aahhmm, I just hope she outgrows some of it before it keeps her from enjoying anything less than perfect. Such a sweetie, and all the while soaking up the sewing for the day :)

I hope you are having a great day! Just in case you haven’t seen this —

Go see Dana and you could be the big winner! But first you have to make a quilt :)

Gotta run!
Blessings to you~

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:06+00:00 May 19th, 2009|finished project|31 Comments

1. em's scrapbag May 19, 2009 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Really cute pin cushion. Emmalie’s pin cushion is great. What a great little organizer.

2. SaraRules May 19, 2009 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Emmalie is such a cutie! I still do that to my pin cushions when I’m bored. :) The dresden cushion is so fun and bright! Love it!

3. Kangaroo May 19, 2009 at 12:57 pm - Reply

how cute!!

4. Bunny May 19, 2009 at 1:03 pm - Reply

beautiful dresden pincushion. My little girl organized my pins on day too. She is 8. Also One day My father was visiting and He organized my pins and he is over 70.. so…

5. Happy Cottage Quilter May 19, 2009 at 1:25 pm - Reply

What a cute pincushion! Love your dresden plate.

Jocelyn

• my nintendo coin generator February 14, 2017 at 9:13 am - Reply

Liebe Alice!Ich habe das Buch zwar noch nicht gelesen, aber eines kann ich dir sagen: ich werde nichts von Intertextualitätssignalen schreiben. Ich habe noch nicht mal verstanden, was Frau Lexe da geschrieben hat, und das, obwohl ich Julia Kristeva (von der der Begriff Intertextualität kommt) sehr gut kenne. Falls es dich beruhigt: von Julia Kristeva kommt auch 'le simple désir de raconter'. Und da passt dein Buch dann doch wieder vollkommen, oder?

6. Carla May 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm - Reply

That’s pretty. Love the fabrics you used.

7. amylouwho May 19, 2009 at 1:48 pm - Reply

Love that pincushion! Very cute!

I’m excited about the quilt along! Are you joining in?

8. Kim May 19, 2009 at 2:30 pm - Reply

That pin cusion is so adorable! Nice way to use up your scraps!

9. Feedsack Fantasy May 19, 2009 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Darling pincushion. How easy & clever & I love the design & fabrics. TTFN ~ Marydon

10. CabbageQuilts May 19, 2009 at 3:48 pm - Reply

What a gorgeous, fun pincushion. My 12 y.o son does that to my pincushions, aren’t they funny.

11. Amy May 19, 2009 at 4:18 pm - Reply

I just had to say that I remember doing this to my mom’s pincushion and I STILL will arrange my pins into zig zags or evenly spaced lines or flowers, etc. when the spirit moves me. And now, my kiddos do the same. I love it!

12. Jackie May 19, 2009 at 4:26 pm - Reply

OMG, what a great idea for the pincushion!! I love it! The organization of the pins is funny, she made a great design!

13. Mary on Lake Pulaski May 19, 2009 at 5:10 pm - Reply

Love the pincushion! Isn’t it scary to see your child do something like that! So cute!

14. Amber May 19, 2009 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Your pin cushion is too cute…aren’t the Dresden plates easier than you thought?! I was like wow – not that bad when I made the one for the quilting bee :-)

15. Terriaw May 19, 2009 at 6:38 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to make a Dreden plate – what a great way to use it! Those gorgeous fabrics really show well in a Dresden too.

16. mamaspark May 19, 2009 at 7:35 pm - Reply

I love this pin cushion. Went to the site but didn’t see the pattern. Yours is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

17. Amy - Park City Girl May 19, 2009 at 7:39 pm - Reply
  18. SewAmy May 19, 2009 at 9:09 pm - Reply

your pincushion is sooooo cute.

19. Priscilla May 20, 2009 at 12:36 am - Reply

what a lovely pin cushion! I love it.
    Kristina
    priscillacraft.blogspot.com

20. sewtakeahike May 20, 2009 at 2:25 am - Reply

Very cute pincushion Amy! That wonderland fabric is soooo fabulous!

21. I Love Baby Quilts! May 20, 2009 at 10:05 am - Reply

Love it! My son likes to do my pins in patterns too.

I have hundreds of precut dresden plate pieces that some quilter cut 75 years ago. They are all vintage feedsack and very cute. That’s one of my UFOs for sure!

22. Michelle May 20, 2009 at 10:12 am - Reply

Thank you for making it first! Now I can look at yours when I start making mine.

23. Susan Ramey Cleveland May 20, 2009 at 10:26 am - Reply

Love your pincushions.

24. Cassie May 20, 2009 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Love your pincushion, Amy. Emmalie’s work reminds me of a craft I used to do when I was little. We took a bead and a sequin, threaded them onto a pin and then stuck that into a styrofoam shape, side by side until the whole styro was covered. They made great Christmas ornaments. You go, Emmalie.

Take care,
    Cassie

25. shelia May 20, 2009 at 1:17 pm - Reply

love the pin cushion…so cute!!!!
    and what a great little helper you have :)

26. Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY May 20, 2009 at 2:59 pm - Reply

Wow, I love these pincushions.

I love pincushions in general too because they’re such easy, quick projects and always look so wonderful.

Nice job on these!

27. A Spoonful Of Sugar May 20, 2009 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Fabulous pincushions! I have been admiring the dresden plates around lately – this looks to be the perfect project!

28. Rebekah May 21, 2009 at 9:05 am - Reply

so cute! I’ve been itching to make some dresden plat blocks

29. Kari May 21, 2009 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Just stopped by your blog and what to my wondering eyes should appear??? A DARLING pincushion made from my little pattern by you! It is so cute- thank you for featuring it on your blog!

I love it in the MoMo Wonderland fabs- just finished a new pattern in that line! PS they have a new one coming this fall!

30. Andrea May 22, 2009 at 9:06 am - Reply

That is so cute! Those wonderland fabrics are so versatile.

And as for Emmalie – I think she’s a budding designer herself. I don’t think it’s “organizing”. I think it’s trying out new patterns on the pincusion :-)