Mommyhood

I thought I would share a few reason why I love being a mom :)

~ Spontaneous hugs, the kind that knock you over.

~ Slimy kisses from my boy.

~ Watching my determined Ella shovel the sidewalk, so that they all can ride bikes/scooters.

~ Seeing pride on their faces with each new accomplishment.

~ The precious moments when they get along, and I am assured that they do love each other.

~ Snuggling with a book with them for the 5th time in a row.

~ The fast pace that they keep, after winding down I fall into bed asleep. (as long as I’m not tortured with creative ideas!)

Of course there are many more reasons, and a few deterrents for those of you yet to be moms, but we are looking at the positive :) Do you love being a mom?

Blessings to you ~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:09+00:00 March 5th, 2009|My kids|28 Comments

1. amylouwho March 5, 2009 at 12:39 pm - Reply

Yes I do! Thanks for posting this. It’s really important to remember all the sweetness they bring. The challenges of the day to day can get tiresome, but who doesn’t love a knock-me-down hug and a silly giggle!?

2. Andrea March 5, 2009 at 1:04 pm - Reply

I love being a mom…when the boys were babies, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I do now. I’m more relaxed and we can giggle and laugh, and it’s so fun!

I love when they get jealous that I’m making a quilt that isn’t for them! LOL

3. Jackie March 5, 2009 at 1:47 pm - Reply

What a wonderful post! I, too, love being a mom. As challenging as it can be, it is very rewarding. You little ones are adorable.

4. audreypawdrey March 5, 2009 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Beautiful post and pictures! I am not a mom yet but this is definitely something to look forward to!

5. Thimbleanna March 5, 2009 at 4:01 pm - Reply

What a bunch of cuties! Yes, I do love being a mom, although, I’m in that no-man’s land at the moment — the fun part of little kids is gone now, so I’m patiently waiting for the next wave. ;-) (And just to clarify…that grandkids, not mykids LOL!)

6. Rita March 5, 2009 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Blessings to you too! Your children are so beautiful and you have such a happy family! I hope to find such happiness as yours someday :)

7. SewAmy March 5, 2009 at 5:58 pm - Reply

I love being a mom too. for all kinds of reasons, actually too many to list. :o)

8. CABean03 March 5, 2009 at 6:01 pm - Reply

Yep I do! Being a mom is the most challenging and rewarding blessing and job ever! Thanks for the post and cute pics. I have some baby pics of Gabriella that I should forward on to you. :)

9. sewtakeahike March 5, 2009 at 10:27 pm - Reply

Sweet post Amy! I can tell you love being a mom and I am just beside myself when I think of all you have accomplished in your sewing room having four children at home!

10. Janis March 6, 2009 at 4:25 am - Reply

The greatest blessing in my life . . .

A lovely post, lovely little faces. I want to hug them too!

11. Andrea March 6, 2009 at 5:52 am - Reply

I love hearing why moms love being moms. :)

12. Victoria March 6, 2009 at 8:48 am - Reply

Your little ones look like angels! I miss those sweet days! (But I also enjoy the challenges and rewards of parenting older children.)

13. melissa s. March 6, 2009 at 8:52 am - Reply

i most definitely love being a mom. what sweeties you have!

14. tipper March 6, 2009 at 1:04 pm - Reply

Yes Yes Yes I love being a mom! I remember when the girls were just tiny babies and I’d only been doing the Mom thing a few weeks-I thought-wow this is what I was made for! I’m lucky-even though my girls are much older than your kiddos-they’ve never out grown the hugs, kisses, and snuggles. I hope yours don’t either! The picture of them all sitting in front of the couch-is precious-you should frame it!

15. jacquie March 6, 2009 at 6:27 pm - Reply

i love been a mom, every slobbery, crazy, lovely minute of it.

16. em's scrapbag March 7, 2009 at 9:08 am - Reply

For the most part I love it! For all the reasons you posted and more. Challenges and Triumphs there is nothing so rewarding.

17. A Spoonful Of Sugar March 8, 2009 at 6:14 am - Reply

Your children look so cute – especially the pic where they are all sitting in a row eating their toast. They grow up way too fast.

18. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

When my first was about 18 months old I had an ‘a ha’ moment. For all the stress and exhaustion I realized I’d never laughed in the previous 18 years as much as I’d done so in the previous 18 months since she arrived.

19. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

20. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

21. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

22. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

23. Cheryl A March 8, 2009 at 2:56 pm - Reply

Most days I love being a mom… Okay, every day, but not all day every day.

24. Kim March 8, 2009 at 4:36 pm - Reply

Thanks for refreshing my memory…this stage of my life is long since past, but still well loved. Sigh…those are the best of times.

25. Christy March 12, 2009 at 7:50 pm - Reply

aww, there’s nothing like mommyhood!

26. mellyandrosie March 15, 2009 at 1:57 pm - Reply

I love being a mum! I love working from home to be with them. I am at the other end of it all though. Mine are 19, 17 1nd 16. Our relationship is different and there have been difficult times. I so wish I could have a time machine to spend one more day with them ten years ago. I love and miss the times of unconditional love for their mum and yummy cuddles to depend on. This stage is still beautiful but every day they need me a little less. I am proud of the adults they are becoming and I do enjoy more “me” time. Cherish every moment! (I’m sure old ladies used to tell me that!)
    Rosalie

27. Hannah April 7, 2009 at 10:47 pm - Reply

Love it! It makes me want to wake up my little one for one of those knock-me-down hugs right now.

H :)

28. Anonymous May 7, 2009 at 1:09 am - Reply

Thank you for your lovely post. Yes, I too love being a Mum – my girls are pretty well grown up now and I am lucky enough to have a georgeous little grandson. Parenting is always a hard job, in some ways it gets much more of a challenge when they have their own lives – but it is so well worth reminding ourselves of how beautiful and loving our children can be!!
    Peace and love