A Notion or Two – January

This block has been a growing experience for me! After seeing all the blocks the past couple of weeks I felt stuck. Amy really wanted wonky, and no 90 degree angles, with a appliqued birdie. I’m still working on breaking out my box – this was a great push!

In the end I thought of a bird, through a window – here’s my translation :
I’m pleased with how it turned out. Hope you do too, Amy!

Hope you are well ~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:10+00:00 January 27th, 2009|a Notion or Two, Tutorial|16 Comments

1. SaraRules January 27, 2009 at 2:59 pm - Reply

Great job! I love the piecing you did for the background! It gives it great texture and depth. And of course I would love a copy of your pattern! I’ve been staring at it wondering how it works for a while. ;)

2. Terri Y January 27, 2009 at 3:07 pm - Reply

I would love love a pattern! I am new to quilting and still feel the SCARED issues in trying new things. I haven’t gotten beyond quilt tops so far…. haven’t done the binding or quilting myself.

Would love any words of advice! My blog is: http://yonoscreations.blogspot.com/

3. Amylouwho January 27, 2009 at 3:09 pm - Reply

OH AMY!!! I love it!! So creative and cute! And I love that you put him on a branch. Really adorable.

My mom showed me a quilt that had a nest with eggs on it and said I should do a block like that. Maybe, just maybe I will!

4. Jackie January 27, 2009 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Your translation of the bird is fantastic! I love your vision, it really worked out great. I would love your pattern. I think your quilt came out gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

5. Marrdy January 27, 2009 at 8:20 pm - Reply

I love this. Such a cute bird.

6. Janis January 28, 2009 at 5:22 am - Reply

Your block is so cute! And so are the others, I checked them out too. I honestly don’t know how you get so much accomplished!

7. audreypawdrey January 28, 2009 at 8:50 am - Reply

The bird is great! I love how it turned out. I would love a copy of the pattern, too. It is such a neat block!

8. Tipper January 29, 2009 at 10:44 am - Reply

Amy- I love it love it love it!! I think it’s one of my favorites you shown so far-I know I keep saying that-but you just keep on getting more and more creative!

9. SewAmy January 29, 2009 at 11:12 am - Reply

I LOVE your bird block.

10. Aimee January 30, 2009 at 2:39 pm - Reply

That block is amazing! I really like it. It does look like a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

11. melissa s. January 30, 2009 at 4:28 pm - Reply

Love it!!

12. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 10:24 pm - Reply

Hey Sweetie! You must love all the encouragement; yes it’s adorable!!! But I think my grandson is cuter…love, Mom

13. sewtakeahike February 2, 2009 at 9:21 pm - Reply

I love it Amy!!! I bet Amy will be so blessed by it!!

14. Two Dogs and a Quilt February 3, 2009 at 4:51 am - Reply

So cute. I love how you pieced and appliqued this block.

15. sara February 6, 2009 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Ack, that is too stinking cute!!!!!!!

16. another amy February 6, 2009 at 3:35 pm - Reply

Amy, this block is so cool!! I love it.