A New Look

Not the blog! Owen :)

We have been going back and forth about how to cut his hair for a month or so. . . I finally just grabbed my scissors and went for it! Our girls were bald until they were 2, and never a haircut before 3, and our boy has a full head of hair! This is a pic of Owen in all his messy glory – he loves to rearrange, anything and everything. I am working on the book shelf with him – it’s too much to have it unloaded 2-3 times a day. Mostly board books they can’t really be hurt, but I don’t have enough floor space to ignore the pile. You can see how long his hair was in this picture too – in his eyes, and he was also accused of having a mullet in the back (which it wasn’t! Only if I had not cut it too.)
His hair is relatively long – but he barley sat still long enough to make the first cut!

On the creative front : I have a second flutterby quilt top ready to quilt, and I would like to make my sewconnected block for the month too. Oh and there’s a mini-quilt to get figured out. Maybe I should have made this list on Monday :)

Happy Friday!

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:12+00:00 November 7th, 2008|My kids, work in progress|16 Comments

1. Amy November 7, 2008 at 2:34 pm - Reply

He’s adorable!

2. melissa s. November 7, 2008 at 3:32 pm - Reply

what a sweetie. isn’t it amazing how much older they look after a haircut? happy weekend!

3. audreypawdrey November 7, 2008 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Such a cute boy! It seems he likes his books, too.:)

4. Thimbleanna November 7, 2008 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Awww, look how cute he is! Man, you’ve been one busy girl! I love the bold baby quilt — I’m getting ready to start several of those for Christmas — I’m hoping they’ll be fast and easy!

5. christianne November 7, 2008 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Very cute. Especially with the books all dumped out!

I’m at a loss with what to do with Theo’s hair. I cut it last time and it wasn’t so great…not terrible, but kinda uneven. I had it done once at a kids salon which was fine, but not overwhelming. Really I don’t know what to tell them to do. It’s curly hair but not so curly. I just can’t describe a good style, because I don’t want it that short. I always thought I would give my son a fauxhawk but really I can’t be bothered with product. It was much easier with a girl… :)

6. Jessica Levitt November 7, 2008 at 9:04 pm - Reply

hey…that last comment was from me…not Christianne. I didn’t realize she was logged in. :)

7. tipper November 8, 2008 at 2:06 pm - Reply

He looks like a little man now. A cute little man.

8. Ang November 8, 2008 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Amy, what a sweet face! Good job on the haircut!

9. Marrdy November 9, 2008 at 8:03 pm - Reply

What a cute boy! My daughter was the same as yours. Totally bald. My baby boy looked like a girl with long beautiful curly hair. Just not fair.

10. Shelley November 10, 2008 at 8:42 pm - Reply

That looks like a familiar scene! My son has always loved clearing his book shelf. We finally decided to take all of his books out of his room and store them on a shelf in the basement. He gets to go down there and pick out 4 or 5 books (sort of like our own library) to keep in his room. We bought a magazine rack in the $1 section at Target so he can keep the books in that while they’re in his room. We’ll see if it works!

11. Cheryl A November 11, 2008 at 11:06 am - Reply

Good luck with the books, it’s a never ending battle in this house. A couple of well placed baskets and a chosen pile have kept the Monster from pulling everything off the bookshelf. And I just rotate the selection.

12. Cheryl A November 11, 2008 at 11:06 am - Reply