Corduroy

Quilting on corduroy has been fun! Really, I’m just getting started, but it feels nice :)

What are you up to?

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:14+00:00 October 2nd, 2008|work in progress|15 Comments

1. Jaimie October 2, 2008 at 2:28 pm - Reply

I love that! It looks comfy. We are making a quilt at our retreat – everyone is making a square. The woman in charge said we are going to tie the ends together somehow? Not sure what that means, but I’ll be sure to take a picture! :)

2. Amy October 2, 2008 at 3:29 pm - Reply

I love corduroy

3. Sew Bee It October 2, 2008 at 5:00 pm - Reply

I love corduroy as well. I had my mom put dark green cord with tan cottons on my sons quilts and they are so cute together. Love that blue with the other fabrics, fun fun!

4. Kim October 2, 2008 at 5:07 pm - Reply

Never occurred to me to use corduroy. This is a nice texture to add to a quilt. I like it. What am I up to? Washing the carzzzzzz

5. Janis October 2, 2008 at 5:14 pm - Reply

Where have I been? I’ve never seen corduroy used in a quilt but I love it! Also your free motion quilting with paths crossing. I have to really think about keeping my stippling balanced and have often wondered about just looping and crossing free form. I love the look of this. Well done!

6. No Crying Mama October 2, 2008 at 5:20 pm - Reply

I love those fabrics and the look of that quilt!!

7. Thimbleanna October 2, 2008 at 8:49 pm - Reply

So, did you use corduroy on the back of your quilt? I’ve never thought of doing that — it sounds really cool. I’ll bet the quilt is nice and cozy!

8. tipper October 3, 2008 at 6:24 am - Reply

Such beautiful colors. I always love corduroy especially this time of year.

9. melissa s. October 3, 2008 at 7:37 am - Reply

love those colors and also the use of corduroy on a quilt. how clever!
    happy weekend!

10. Michelle October 3, 2008 at 8:30 am - Reply

Neat! Looking good.
    Hoping to get the top of a Halloween quilt done this weekend!

11. amandajean October 3, 2008 at 3:25 pm - Reply

I haven’t tried quilting on corduroy. it looks like fun though.

you are the winner on my retrospective 400th post give away. I’ll be sending you a package of fabric soon. (thanks to sew connected, I already have your address.) do you have a color preference?

12. Artfulife October 3, 2008 at 10:33 pm - Reply

Tag you’re it!

13. Marrdy October 4, 2008 at 5:01 pm - Reply

Love the corduroy! I feel like I haven’t been here for so long. Nice to be able to cath up a bit!

14. Dana October 4, 2008 at 6:34 pm - Reply

looks amazing! More pictures please. :)

15. jacquie October 6, 2008 at 8:45 pm - Reply

looking good! love the feel of corduroy.