The Plunge

Well being uncertain, and a little bored of my straight line quilting – I took the plunge! I am so glad that I did :)
I’ve been practicing stippling/loop-d-loop quilting, but had yet to put it on a quilt – I was chicken! Having watched videos online and read about stippling – you aren’t supposed to cross over your previous stitching. . . rules are meant to be broken right? The loop-d-loop seems to come more natural to me :)
I am about halfway done – I’ll post more pictures, including the back once it’s complete. I’ve learned so much with this quilt it seems fitting now that it be my first attempt at stippling. Have a great weekend!

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:16+00:00 July 19th, 2008|work in progress|7 Comments

1. Anna July 19, 2008 at 9:48 am - Reply

Amy, you are amazing!!! Someday I will learn how to quilt like you! I love reading about your quilting adventures.

2. Katie July 19, 2008 at 1:17 pm - Reply

I am very impressed! It looks great!

3. Lisa July 19, 2008 at 7:50 pm - Reply

I’ve stippled a few quilts in my day and they all overlap and are all over the place-lol.

Your project looks fantastic!

4. Tipper July 20, 2008 at 5:30 am - Reply

I don’t even know what stippling is-but it looks like you did a great job at it! Love that quilt.

5. Jacquie July 20, 2008 at 5:35 am - Reply

You go girl! You are inspiring me to just do it. I’ve been practicing and practicing, but afraid to touch a quilt. Yours looks great!!!

6. melissa s. July 20, 2008 at 12:33 pm - Reply

i’m so impressed! did you do this on the machine or by hand? i can’t wait to see the finished product!

7. 2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel July 29, 2008 at 6:47 pm - Reply

looks great! I agree that loop-d-loop is a lot easier and more forgiving vs. stippling. When I first was learning, I would toss all my efforts in the washer/dryer before handing them in, so the results were so much less noticable.
    When ever I see new quilters work I always think “wow, that looks great, why didn’t my firsties look this good?”
    I’m a little jealous.