Finished Quilt

So yesterday I sat off and on when possible to finish the binding by hand on Emmalie’s quilt. By late afternoon I had finished – my hands were numb at that point so it was a good thing! It went straight to the wash, for the puckery finishing touch. I took it up to Em as she was trying to go to sleep – she looked at me with huge smiles, “I love my quilt – thank you mommy.” She melts my heart everytime =) We had a photo shoot with the quilt this morning –
A few of my favorite details . . .
One happy little girl!

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:17+00:00 May 28th, 2008|finished quilt, My kids|8 Comments

1. Tipper May 28, 2008 at 11:17 am - Reply

Oh it turned out so beautiful! I love the colors and the puckering texture is so neat. Really makes it look old timey. You’er so talented!

2. Jaimie May 28, 2008 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Wow Amy! You are so gifted. What an awesome gift to give your daughter. One of these days I’ll learn how to sew, although quilting is for the experts!! :)

3. Dana May 28, 2008 at 1:22 pm - Reply

Ok. Seriously beautiful!

can i have it??

4. from little acorns May 30, 2008 at 6:19 am - Reply

Hi Amy!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
    I love your quilt (!), & I too just love putting a quilt into the washer & dryer as soon as I finish the binding. . . . I love to make it look like it’s been here awhile (& well loved) too). . . Although I think your daughter will do a good job on the “well loved” part!
    xo, Bren

5. amandajean May 30, 2008 at 6:35 am - Reply

what a gorgeous quilt!!! isn’t that the best when the little ones appreciate what you make? my kids are so sweet that way, too.

6. Jessica May 30, 2008 at 5:18 pm - Reply

This quilt is lovely!!!!

7. Camille May 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm - Reply

It turned out beautiful! I’m with you on the washing and drying too- nothing better than a deliciously wrinkly brand new quilt. Great job!

8. No Crying Mama May 31, 2008 at 8:40 pm - Reply

that is absolutely gorgeous!! what a blssed girl.